Castrol magnatec 5w30 full syn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried looking online for the specs on this oil and i cant find anything. Castrols websight is pretty vague. I see the oem approvals on the jug but i was just wondering if it met any euro specs. Or honda turbo spec. It seems to me that the oem specs on the back are rather weak. Most dino will meet them. It does meet the gm dexos spec so i guess its a good oil. Also be nice to see a voa of it soon.

According to Castrol and their published Product Data Sheet, the oil meets only the standard North American specificatins: API SN, ILSAC-GF5, Dexos-1, Ford WSS M2C929-A, Ford WSS M2C946-A, and it meets engine test requirements of Chrysler MS 6395.

That's all they have to say.

Yeah i went to the castrol websight. I was hoping for more i guess. For a full syn oil id think it would have more oem approvals and atleast some euro specs.

I usually use pp5w30 and fram ultras in everything. But for 17.00 bucks i figured id buy a jug. I used it in the wifes expedition. I know its good to go in her ride. I guess if i decide to go castrol again ill just go with edge.

Does anyone know if pp5w30 high miledge oil meets the same specs as the regular pp5w30 does.

Reason why i ask is because my car now has almost 80,000 miles on it and ive noticed since around 65,000 i been using oil between oci,s. Car went back into hyundai for a new cat converter at 70,000 miles. Also about ten thousand miles ago i noticed shiny specs of material in my oil filter. I ended up changing my oil like five times in two weeks to get rid of that shiny stuff. Hyundai said that was normal. Yeah rt.

My car never used a drop of oil between oil changes now im putting oil in it once a week to keep it to the full line. Im gonna keep track of the amount now. Im gonna change the oil tomorrow with pp5w30 and fram ultra and keep track. Car only takes 3.2 quarts with the filter so i never let it get lower then 1/4 between full n low on the stick. Told hyundai about it and they say its normal. Well up until around 60,000 miles it didnt use any so why now

Change out the pcv valve with an oem one. Even if the old one still rattles change it out. The internal spring can weaken or break around the 60k mark. Magnatec is one of my favorites. But I'd go with some Maxlife this interval and see if that slows down the consumption.

Im on my third pcv valve. The one in it now only has 15,000 miles on it. And it is a genuine hyundai valve.

if u go back to pp you can 10 dollar rebate for the 5 quart jug at walmart
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: merconvvv
smile.gif

He can also use the Valvoline rebate for $10off any Valvoline 5quarts
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: waltywalt
Oops my bad the pcv has only 8000 miles on it so that cant be the issue

You must have missed the part about using Maxlife High Mileage oil.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Change out the pcv valve with an oem one. Even if the old one still rattles change it out. The internal spring can weaken or break around the 60k mark. Magnatec is one of my favorites. But I'd go with some Maxlife this interval and see if that slows down the consumption.

SS---> Ok, so you experienced a PCV valve failure at 60K on some machine you were operating. That does not mean every PCV valve has a lifespan of 60 K miles--I wish you would stop spreading that bit of misleading info simply because it happened to you once.
I have (the factory original) 255 K miles on my Accord PCV and it not only rattles as it should, but holds vacuum no problem. Sure, even an OEM PCV is cheap insurance to change, but they do not routinely go-out at 60 K
Steve

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: merconvvv
smile.gif

He can also use the Valvoline rebate for $10off any Valvoline 5quarts
smile.gif

Just did this myself. $16.97 Maxlife at Wally World with $10 rebate sent in. Then my Wife finds a $3 rebate on her Ibotta account. So $4 after rebates isn't too bad!

L8R,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back