residential hvac indoor fan motor cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely it had an electronic control module. That alone drives up the cost. A simple 1/3 horsepower six speed blower motor like the one I replaced in my unit runs about $100 online. I paid $50 for mine with employee discount. Fortunately, it was easy to replace. Man, the parts for the more sophisticated systems sure are expensive.

My air conditioner man would not let me buy a system with that electronic stuff. He said that I would not save any money in the long run because of the expensive repairs. He told me to get the most efficient unit without the fancy DC electronic stuff. I bought three units from him, about 4 years ago, no problems. Running 10 tons.

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
pull the number off the motor and google it.

Then start chopping off "suffix" parts until you get a universal one for $30 - that's what I did

Originally Posted By: fields
My air conditioner man would not let me buy a system with that electronic stuff. He said that I would not save any money in the long run because of the expensive repairs. He told me to get the most efficient unit without the fancy DC electronic stuff. I bought three units from him, about 4 years ago, no problems. Running 10 tons.

Wow 10 tons on a single unit?

That must be a huge building.

My HVAC guy steered me away from the multi speed motors and stuff like that for the same reason. We are doing just fine chugging along with a new American Standard Silver 2.5 ton unit. Single speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back