Notice How BITOG is More Pleasant These Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a marked improvement in the general tone of discussions at BITOG in the last two months. Kudos to Helen and the moderators for taking the initiative to move our forum in this direction. While we all secretly laughed at the condescending troll interjections, they really derailed threads about topics many wished to share here. We now have discussions about television programming, attending movies, buying sharp new vehicles with financing, and even a thread about Twinkies snack cakes! No need to bring up names here. I hope the improvements continue.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I have to agree. No one with a long snoot nose talking down to us any longer. At least that was my mental image of him.
smile.gif

Addition by subtraction. He was knowledgeable but every post seemed to be propping himself up or putting people down.

Originally Posted By: Uregina09
I miss Pop. I'd read his posts every day. They were entertaining.

Yeah.... miss that "guy" like a bad case of the clap
wink.gif

Dang it! Trying to keep things positive here. I asked for no names in order to avoid the dreaded thread lock. Sigh.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Dang it! Trying to keep things positive here. I asked for no names in order to avoid the dreaded thread lock. Sigh.

I lock my own threads. You would too if you weren't a momma's boy....lol

Yeh, didn't notice either... that he was gone or that anyone wanted him gone.

I'll tell ya what this forum really needs is more CrackyWainwright
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Yeh, didn't notice either... that he was gone or that anyone wanted him gone.

I'll tell ya what this forum really needs is more CrackyWainwright
laugh.gif

This forum needs GreecGuy back
smile.gif

Miss his posts a LOT

I could read what you've posted as sarcasm and I hope that wasn't what you intended.
Some of the flamemeisters are now gone but some remain as well.
There is one member who seemed for a time to stalk my posts and post replies that were ignorant and insulting at the same time, for example.
This has been a very civil and open-minded forum for the most part for as long as I can remember.
The various curmudgeons add entertainment value and even they are fairly tame. If they aren't, they get a permanent vacation.
One also finds a lot more useful information here than can be found on many other car forums although their are also some excellent brand forums out there.
Now, if one wants to start a flame war, one need only post a thread in which the makes BMW, VW, Audi or Mercedes are the subject. Lots of quick replies about how awful these cars are, mostly from those who've never owned any of them. I've never had an Audi, but I have owned at least one each of the others and I found them to be as good or better than anything else out there.
Uh oh, I just hijacked your thread and started a flame war.
Sorry!

What we need is a nationally recognized "BITOGer Card" which forces retailers to remit MIRs INSTANTLY.

BITOGers vote on who does and DOESN'T get them.

Manners problem solved! ....and no 49¢ stamp to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back