Redesigned Fram Tough Guard Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was buying stuff on Walmart.com & needed to spend $5.00 more to get free shipping, so I threw a tough guard filter on the order. I notice on the box it says with high mileage protection. Here is a picture of the new Tough Guard filter box. Did they merge the Fram High Mileage & Tough Guard into one filter now?

"with HIGH MILEAGE PROTECTION" is a pretty nondescript claim.
The TGs have been rated for 10k miles for quite some time.
I doubt they have changed anything except for marketing words.

I don't see the "10,000 Miles" on the box anymore, unless it's in the fine print.

I saw the new filters at walmart today. They still had a few old ones so I compared old with new. They look exactly identical except different font and font color on the filter. Of course, the media could be different, but we will have to wait for someone to cut one open.

The price went up a bit compared to the old ones.

Typical Fram, always about the cardboard.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Typical Fram, always about the cardboard.
grin.gif

And marketing. Fram has always been good at selling.

Sweet! I thought Walmart was discontinuing my TGs.

Don't care what they use if it stays the same in the end result.

Couldnt care less about louvers.

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Sweet! I thought Walmart was discontinuing my TGs.

Don't care what they use if it stays the same in the end result.

Couldnt care less about louvers.

I thought Walmart got rid of them too. I'm glad they didn't though. I usually buy either a Tough Guard or a Ultra. I stock up on Ultras when I find a good deal on them.

I guess they were clearing out the old ones???

Need to run by my local WM and see, was in OK City this last week and did not see any "new" TG filters on the shelves (but the stores I checked were almost cleaned out of the $3 ones).

Sad that I visit Walmarts in other states looking for deals.

Can confirm. I was in WM and some person was in my way shopping for Fram's so I couldn't get a good look, but the TGs were indeed back on the shelf. Saw the beautiful grey boxes. When WM stopped stocking the TGs almost all the Fram brands were taken. Just three whole rows cleared except for a few scraggling behind (Ultras and Orange cans).

They also in my WM started selling M1 filters

To blupupher: It's good to shop while traveling to see differences among states and regions.

Now if you made a special trip seeking old stock deals....that would be sad. You're not sad.

Originally Posted By: Kira
To blupupher: It's good to shop while traveling to see differences among states and regions.

Now if you made a special trip seeking old stock deals....that would be sad. You're not sad.

Well, I am a little sad, but I am OK with it.
lol.gif

I was visiting the in-laws, and needed to get out of the house, so I "volunteered" to go to the store several times (I had to visit 2 different ones the first day, and a 3rd the next day
whistle.gif
)
I was actually looking for a clearance a cordless impact (did not find one) and drill (found one) and batteries for it (did not find any). I found some sockets (cheap Stanley ones for $0.50) at one of them, so I bought a bunch of 7/8/10 mm since I am always loosing them.

Originally Posted By: Kira

No I'm not THAT sad. I went last time just to see how many TGs were left (none - I was in disbelief... that is MY filter). This time I went in because I needed to get Dot4 break fluid. I saw this thread and it gave me even more incentive to go to WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back