Prime Guard Oil Filter from B&S Mower Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this oil filter from the bay for I think $5-$7 (I can't remember). It was installed Sept 2014 to Aug 3, 2017 & for a total of 46 hours. I ran mobile 5000 5w-30 conventional oil. I replaced it with an Ultra XG4967 & Penzoil Platinum 10w-30 Full Synthetic & plan on running another 50 hour oil change interval.

All the debris is from my own making so disregard any metal chunks you see.
laugh.gif
This filter was way better quality than what I though it was. I was just going for the cheapest filter I could find at the time..HA!

Oh, It was installed on my 2008 Craftsman 24 HP ELS V-Twin Riding Mower w/116 hours on it.

I have yet to see a Prime Guard or Eco Guard (I think they are made by the same people) that looks bad when cut open. The pleats are always evenly spaced and it looks like quality control is working (unlike some other filters I've seen). These filters sell for $1.99 every day at Rural King...

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Looks good enough for 100 hours. Thanks!!!

Yes, I wouldn't be afraid to run this for 100 hours but within a reasonable time. I don't think I would want to leave this filter on for 6 years. My Engine oil change mindset will kick in before that lol

Originally Posted By: pbm
I have yet to see a Prime Guard or Eco Guard (I think they are made by the same people) that looks bad when cut open. The pleats are always evenly spaced and it looks like quality control is working (unlike some other filters I've seen). These filters sell for $1.99 every day at Rural King...

I'm not sure who they are made by but your right they are quality filters for low cost. I think the only rural king we have here in Missouri is in st louis. I wouldn't buy this filter again simply because I can not seem to find any information on it.

Originally Posted By: pbm

I have...

That said, I have 2 Ecogards (a Premium and a Synthetic) that I will be using soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back