Adv Auto adventure... additivemania!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I haven't done gas additives in years....but with this Old Dakota now I figure I should give it some help. I go in Adv Auto and ARE YOU KIDDING ME..
Additives forever......... it was STUPID. Lower price.. STP..Gummout.. medium Lucas..Seafoam.. MMO (not the extreme).. then crazy priced ones.. ZMAX.. Duralube..
Royal Purple.. I can't imagine a $14 (Royal Pur).. or ZMAX was even more but had a rebate.

Now....... I read on here a little MMO every now and then is ok... but the cost difference from the above it nuts. Are ANY of the high priced ones
actually worth the cost? I'm surprised there's not a Quantum additive that works on a sub-atomic level. gotta grease those bosons, mesons, and quarks.

k

Too many for someone indecisive like myself. I usually pick up a bottle of Gumout Regane with PEA and use it every other oil change. I get it at Wal-Mart.

AAP doesn't want to lose out on a sale, so they keep all brands in stock.
laugh.gif

I personally use one bottle of Redline near the end of my oil change interval.

I used the Gumout Regane High Mileage one a few weeks ago. Got rid of the pinging in the Matrix. Then the next tank ran a bottle of the B2 Chemtool. Prices were about $4.34 and $3.13 respectively. The Regane HM seemed to be the better of two. It also seemed better than the more expensive All in One that tried about 6 months ago. MMO is also at Walmart and only $3. May try that next.

CRC One Tank,Regane,Techron,B12,Redline.Everything else...pass them by.

Chevron Techron is my favorite injector cleaner...
I wait until "Buy 1, get 1" and then get 4 bottles at a time.
Every 10,000 miles, but I also try to use only Top Tier gasoline,
so may scale that back to every 20,000 miles now.

I use MMO in the gas pretty regularly, from my experiences with piston aircraft engines.
I usually run 1/2 recommended dose.

I use Techron Concentrate because people here convinced me that the PEA nibbles away at deposits on my injector nozzles.

AutoZone is having their 2 for 1 sale on it now (No. NJ, at least).

Linktex: What does the MMO do for your engine?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I used the Gumout Regane High Mileage one a few weeks ago. Got rid of the pinging in the Matrix. Then the next tank ran a bottle of the B2 Chemtool. Prices were about $4.34 and $3.13 respectively. The Regane HM seemed to be the better of two. It also seemed better than the more expensive All in One that tried about 6 months ago. MMO is also at Walmart and only $3. May try that next.

The B12 is only really good at getting rid of varnish, if you didn't have much then you wont notice much difference after using it. Running a tank of both insures you got the most benefit.

I've used the Royal Purple complete fuel system cleaner on my 91 Camry and noticed increased fuel economy afterwards. It's worth the $12 price if you're only doing it every 10K. Chris fix has a great video set on these here.

My friend's 98 Grand Cherokee had the gas gauge stop working intermittently. He used a bottle of the Royal Purple complete and the problem went away.

I've seen Zecol fuel injector and fuel treatment for $2 at a local discount store for $2. Both claim on the front of the bottle to reduce/eliminate pinging. For such a little price it maybe worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back