Union Pacific F9 Nebraska 150 Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to Union Pacific's F9 powered streamliner stopping here tomorrow as part of the Nebraska 150 Express celebrating the arrival of the railroad in Columbus, Nebraska. Haven't seen a F9 set since I worked for Mountain Bell at a warehouse located along the AT&SF line through Albuquerque. Don't know what dignitaries will be on the train but expect our bald headed governor and UPRR officials will have something to say about Nebraska's part in building the first transcontinental railroad. It will be sooo small town, corn belt Midwest. Doesn't take much to pass as entertainment in Platte County Nebraska.

I looked it up on google images.... NICE! I want to see something with a "Grille" front!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: old1
What time is it coming??
Programs starts at 11:00 AM at 26th Ave and 12th St. Train arrives about 11:50. See my entry below explaining my senior moment for the week.
blush.gif
Regards

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I looked it up on google images.... NICE! I want to see something with a "Grille" front!
grin.gif

I thought those first UPRR diesel electrics with automotive looking grills were UGLY,UGLY,UGLY. Kind of an art deco thing. The F9s are down right gorgeous.
smile.gif

Headed down town this AM to see the F9 arrive. Suppose to be live entertainment beginning at 11:00. NOTHING, NO ONE STIRRING. Must not have read the article in the local wipe close enough. Sure enough, program in Friday, August 4th. What a DORK. Second senior moment for the week. Got my shirt on backward Monday. Headed home remembering some choice profanity in Spanish from my growing up in New Mexico. #&^^%%!@*&^%.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back