Unacceptable carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I could do was shake my head at this epic fail.

The wife and I were in line at the store yesterday when I noticed the guy (30ish) in front of us had a loaded Ruger 380 in his waistband, just above the right rear pocket. His shirt was hiked up over it to gain access to his wallet and it was very evident that it wasn't in a holster of any kind. This is an LCP II mind you, the new one without a thumb safety, only a trigger lever safety. As he pulled out his wallet the little pistol slid up, clearly exposing the trigger, while teetering on his belt. Dumb, dumb, dumb! After he left, I told my wife that we'd be reading about this guy in the paper some day, accidentally shooting himself or someone else.

ND just passed constitutional carry, no more permits. I'm going to be staying at the Red River Valley fairgrounds for the next week. Should be interesting.

I am all for a responsible carry however idiots like that just scare me. Absolutely care less and dangerous to everybody around them. Best case scenario they hurt themselves worst case they end up killing an innocent bystander.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
You should have very politely told the guy something...

One of my personal rules is to never bring up the subject of guns when in public, even to tell someone their pistol is coming out of their waistband. Besides, it would have been more safe if the pistol fell to the floor than to have him fiddle with it to tuck it back in.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
ND just passed constitutional carry, no more permits. I'm going to be staying at the Red River Valley fairgrounds for the next week. Should be interesting.

Should look like the old west
grin.gif

Last edited:
There should be some standard for open or conceal carry other than "intelligent enough to buy something from a store."

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I wonder if it was chambered.

Yep, there was a round chambered, that's how I knew it was loaded. It slid up high enough to see the trigger and the sight hole at the front of the extractor.

The gun haters had exploding heads predicting shoot-outs in the streets and blood running in the gutters when Arizona passed constitutional carry.

Nothing different happened. N O T H I N G. The media had a big build up and had nothing to report.

Same thing when carry in restaurants and bars passed. No predicted wild west shoot outs. Nothing.

Go camping and don't worry about it.

Be vigilant for the ones like the subject of this thread, otherwise carry on.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

The gun haters had exploding heads predicting shoot-outs in the streets and blood running in the gutters when Arizona passed constitutional carry.

Nothing different happened. N O T H I N G. The media had a big build up and had nothing to report.

Same thing when carry in restaurants and bars passed. No predicted wild west shoot outs. Nothing.

Go camping and don't worry about it.

Be vigilant for the ones like the subject of this thread, otherwise carry on.

Jeff, did you see this today? Probably not "left" enough to get much attention in the rest of the country.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/natio...mer-in-arizona/

Just got home from work, looks like it made channel 3 not sure about 5. Guns saving lives isn't what the media wants to report. May be a little better here in Az but their bias is still obvious.

I agree with you, not good business pointing out to a stranger he's carrying his pistol wrong. Wonder if those who recommend it have ever done it and the result?

Things unsaid can be more harmful than an attempt at advice in mind. I don't mind coming across a knowitall, but I feel that education in every form is a universal right, unless you are being snotty about it.
Wife told me she went to a park where a youngster was carrying a pistol under his shirt. I said to leave since there firearms are prohibited. I'd say something, but would not want her to confront someone, especially with a kid nearby.

It's ashame the word "reasonable" never crops up in any conversation about guns. From either the left or the right.

This isn't frontier America anymore. Your average carry is going to need education at some point. They don't do it in schools and you can't rely on people being on the ball.

Wanna carry? Take a course. Reasonable but don't tell the NRA about it! It's a right!

Meanwhile the liberals will be scanning the aisle for any story to support their cause. And they'll get it, because stupid.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Be happy that you live in a state that allows open carry.

Only an idiot open carries.

Most people should not carry..period.

Originally Posted By: DdDd
It's ashame the word "reasonable" never crops up in any conversation about guns. From either the left or the right.

This isn't frontier America anymore. Your average carry is going to need education at some point. They don't do it in schools and you can't rely on people being on the ball.

Wanna carry? Take a course. Reasonable but don't tell the NRA about it! It's a right!

Meanwhile the liberals will be scanning the aisle for any story to support their cause. And they'll get it, because stupid.

You're going to get this locked with politics.

Take a course? Sounds easy. Is it pass/Fail? Just attend and sleep through it? Shooting test? Proof of adequate holster? Not so easy.

You are correct, it is a constitutional right. The thing about words like reasonable and compromise is they're unilateral. Starting from "the right to keep and bear arms" anything that restricts is an infringement and loss. That is fact and the reason the NRA etal does what it does.

Originally Posted By: funflyer
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
You should have very politely told the guy something...

One of my personal rules is to never bring up the subject of guns when in public, even to tell someone their pistol is coming out of their waistband. Besides, it would have been more safe if the pistol fell to the floor than to have him fiddle with it to tuck it back in.

Should look like the old west
grin.gif

+1.

Discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back