Falkin A/T tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
taking a hard look at these, many kind words out on the web, I remember Falkin as I cheap brand the wore out super quick on the old late 80's early 90's ricers...see now they're merged with Ohitsu which has a very good perception.

Falkin Wild Peak A/T3W

They are above average tires.. plenty of great tires in that category though.

The newest falken models are much improved in some ways.

Great tires imo...wearing nicely after 17000 ,so far so good. For the money they are solid but again it's one man's opinion. They look great to boot. I'd buy them again for what it's worth

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
They go bald while having lots of tread left. Their siping barely goes down.

The AT3W specifically is listed as having "full depth sipes." Ran these tires new last winter and they were amazing. Still look new, but they also started with generous tread depth. I will enjoy seeing how they hold up.

On a side note, my Cooper Discoverer AT/3 tires, which I ran last, fit your above statement. Got about 47k miles before the inner liners separated but they were performing like bald tires in the rain with around 6/32" remaining. Great tires for the first few years, though.

I could go with the 265/70/16 or the E/10 120/116S 10ply 19/32" tred LT245/75/16? the later is 1" narrower and 6/32" more tred and higher loads..looks like the winner for winter here.

Last edited:
NICK1994

The siping is partial or all the way down-who's wrong here?

Have you owned a set?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
NICK1994

The siping is partial or all the way down-who's wrong here?

Have you owned a set?

They are talking about two different tires.

Nick is referring to the old Falken A/T tires which indeed had only partial depth siping.

The newer Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W, which was also mentioned, claims to have full depth sipes.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
I could go with the 265/70/16 or the E/10 120/116S 10ply 19/32" tred LT245/75/16? the later is 1" narrower and 6/32" more tred and higher loads..looks like the winner for winter here.

I wanted bigger so I upsized to lt285/70r17. Went with the LT for extra tread depth since they would be wider, although I wonder if the silca compound on the P-sizes would make up for the difference. In any case I can report that when new the winter performance in light snow, heavy snow and slush was fantastic; I don't remember it getting too icey this past winter but maybe thats because the tires were kill'n it?

if you want the deep 19/32 tread depth have to go with the LT version of this tire..the skinnier LT245/75/16 compared to the wider 265/70/16 with 13/32 silica compound they claim longer lasting and better wet traction...this is a split decision.

Wild Peak

False

These are also severe weather rated.. not too many are.

Once I figure out which tires have deals at the end of august these are on the list to check.
along with yokohama geolandar g015

Originally Posted By: Rand

False

These are also severe weather rated.. not too many are.

Once I figure out which tires have deals at the end of august these are on the list to check.
along with yokohama geolandar g015
I didn't know the new fancy model has full siping, but all the other ones before are bald with lots of tread. My brother has a set on his truck right now and they look like dragster slicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back