Havoline HM synthetic blend now at Walmart $15/jug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Any ProDS on the shelves?

Nope, no Havoline Synthetic on the shelves. I bought the 5W-30 with an XG9688 oil filter.

I was at walmart today and didn't see any. Bought QSHM for my wife's 06 2.4 Highlander.....Ive used QShm for about 20k miles now but like Havoline better but cant find it ....at a decent price. AZ has it but its to high.

Last edited:
Also, Chevron is having a $5 MIR along with 5qt purchase. So that is a synblend jug for under $10

https://www.chevronpromotions.com/

I got ProDS from OReilly's for that price about a month ago.

Anyway, Havoline HM has always appeared to be a Synblend before they marketed it in that direction. You used to be able to find it for about $12. I picked some of that up back in Jan. Yeah, my stash is very "Havoline-heavy".

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
Also, Chevron is having a $5 MIR along with 5qt purchase. So that is a synblend jug for under $10

Anyway, Havoline HM has always appeared to be a Synblend before they marketed it in that direction. You used to be able to find it for about $12. I picked some of that up back in Jan. Yeah, my stash is very "Havoline-heavy".

I'll have to give that a shot!

Originally Posted By: gmh101357
I was at walmart today and didn't see any. Bought QSHM for my wife's 06 2.4 Highlander.....Ive used QShm for about 20k miles now but like Havoline better but cant find it ....at a decent price. AZ has it but its to high.

Amazon. Often Amazon will have it at a great "add on" price along when Chevron is doing a MIR. You have to watch it at times as some vendors also have ridiculous prices too.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

I'll have to give that a shot!

Won't work for the O'Reilly purchase because they are excluded. They excluded most popular brick and mortar automotive stores plus Walmart and Costco. They have a problem with brick and mortar stores apparently. Basically a frivolous rebate unless you buy it from Amazon, or some other store that does not exist. No Fred Meyer stores around these parts.

That is just plain dumb on Chevron's part. First, they make the stuff hard to find if anyone wanted to purchase it, then decide that the MIR doesn't apply to most of the stores. I just looked it up on Amazon and all I saw were quarts for the Pro DS.

PS: Fred Meyers are good stores under Kroger management.

Last edited:
Would really like to see that product on the shelves at my local Walmarts. They do carry the PUPP in different flavors which alot of Walmarts dont -- so atleast thats a plus.

Originally Posted By: Ammofirst
I avoid Slamazon like the plague

I just bought 5 qt jugs of Valvoline Max-Life Synth Blend 5W30 for <$17 Prime shipped off Amazon.

Originally Posted By: Ammofirst
I avoid Slamazon like the plague

Smh, why?

I have been buying my oil and filters off Amazon for years, at prices always cheaper than I could get at auto stores. The only times I do buy from auto stores is if they have a really good deal.

I recently just bought 12 quarts of Miles synthetic-blend 5w-30 (API SN) for $14.08 (free shipping). That's $1.17 per quart for API certified synthetic-blend oil.

Click to reveal..

Tell me, what do you have against Amazon?

Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
A very good oil at a very good price mir or not.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
A very good oil at a very good price mir or not.

thumbsup2.gif

Never seen better wisdom.

So true. It's perhaps the most underrated oil on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back