Informative Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Bitoggers.

I'm posting this link below for anyone who enjoys learning about different base stocks/oils in general, chemical terms, history, and overall cons and benefits to each stock.

I am not an expert nor claiming to be one... I cannot confirm if everything in the article is 100% fact but I think, the experts in BITOG might point them out in the comments below, it can definitely clear up a few questions many may have.

I need to do more research on the subject, but I feel article has pointed me in the right direction.
I hope you enjoy or not, to each their own.

If this has been posted before, my apologies.

Have a blessed week.

INFORMATIVE ARTICLE (CLICK HERE)

Looks good to me. I used Polyol Ester oil for years in turbines (Mil Spec 23699). It was the only game in town! That stuff is kind of nasty on the skin or the vapor when it is hot. Put some of that smell, along with some stack gas, and some 12-15 foot seas, and you will be feeling real good.

I recognize those words in the polyol ester section... I wrote them back when I worked for Hatco, and they are posted here on BITOG:

Esters in Synthetic Lubricants

If you are going to plagiarize without giving credit, at least be careful enough to remove the word "Hatco" at the beginning of the third paragraph. Geeeze!

Tom NJ

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Now Tom, all modern kids learn to copy and paste as a way to get a Term Paper done while partying ...

Actually, my kids in high school have to submit their assignments through an online portal...they get scanned and "googled" (for want of a better word), and the teacher gets alarms when words and sentences match.

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ

If you are going to plagiarize without giving credit, at least be careful enough to remove the word "Hatco" at the beginning of the third paragraph. Geeeze!
Tom NJ

It is quite a compliment to be plagiarized, Tom ... I don't believe I have ever been plagiarized.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Now Tom, all modern kids learn to copy and paste as a way to get a Term Paper done while partying ...

Actually, my kids in high school have to submit their assignments through an online portal...they get scanned and "googled" (for want of a better word), and the teacher gets alarms when words and sentences match.

I should really look into that kind of setup, DIY is pretty time consuming, and if the original is in Chinese googling doesnt work (though then the product is usually so bad it doesn't much matter)

Originally Posted By: rummy
Greetings Bitoggers.

I'm posting this link below for anyone who enjoys learning about different base stocks/oils in general, chemical terms, history, and overall cons and benefits to each stock.

I am not an expert nor claiming to be one... I cannot confirm if everything in the article is 100% fact but I think, the experts in BITOG might point them out in the comments below, it can definitely clear up a few questions many may have.

I need to do more research on the subject, but I feel article has pointed me in the right direction.
I hope you enjoy or not, to each their own.

If this has been posted before, my apologies.

Have a blessed week.

INFORMATIVE ARTICLE (CLICK HERE)

So much advertising hype that is used to try and impress the masses comes from Advanced Chemistry Textbooks and Chemical Manufactures.

a little dated but good read IMO. for me hot running air cooled-when moving- big V-twin motorcycles require better base oil or changing very frequently!!

It is better than having to pay some one to do the term papers like in the old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back