Kia Sorento 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FFFEMT
Any recommendations on either the 2.4 4cylinder or the 3.3 V6?
Thanks.

I just purchased a Hyundai Santa Fe (seven passenger) and find the 3.3 has adequate power for the size vehicle.

You will have the anti "Direct Injection" people sounding off shortly.

Id go with the 6 but i dont know much about the 4. Is it the same as the Hyundai 2.4? If so id stick with the 6.

I had a 2015 Sorento with the 3.3 Would not want anything smaller. I have heard complaints about the under powered 4. This is a pretty heavy car. And also, I highly recommend the AWD version over front wheel only as it is much more driveable.

I have a 2016 V6 Sorento AWD SX.I recommend the V6 and a higher level trim. The V6 has more than adequate power, the 4 would struggle imo in some situations. The higher trim have more sound proofing and makes a better vehicle over all. Highly recommend the Sorento.

The problem with the V6 (If its similar to the one my mother owned 2011 Sorento), is that the one bank of the spark plugs were in the firewall region. Only way to do it is if you take off the intake or exhaust manifold (I forgot which it was.)

My coworker had this car for a few months and loved it. Her sister and mom were driving to Florida and rear ended someone while on the highway. The other car was stopped and she switched lanes and drilled it. Of course the car was totaled, but they walked away with bruises from the seatbelts. She says she will never own any other brand of car ever again.

We had a 4 cyl Santa Fe as a re two for a while, and did a good amount of mileage on it. I really can't complain about its power.

Thanks for all of the replies. Lot of freeway driving- 75 to 80 mph, and lots of mountain driving here in Arizona. If I do pull the plug, I think the 3.3 V6 will be the way to go.

I have the older 2.4 engine in 2012 rated at 192 hp. The newer stuff is rated at 185 hp and less torque. I would minimally get the 2.0 turbo at 240 hp in the newer model year.

Originally Posted By: FFFEMT
Any recommendations on either the 2.4 4cylinder or the 3.3 V6?
Thanks.

I'd go with the 3.3L. The Kia my parents have gets close to 300HP.

I have a Sorento with a 2.4L.

The engine is very reliable and easy to maintain.

Did spark plugs yesturday and it only took 10 minutes.

More than adequate power for everyday driving.

However, a under powered for mountain driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back