Piaggio Owns Aprilia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know that. I wonder... could an Aprilia dealer then service my new Moto Guzzi (also owned by Piaggio). Doubt it, but worth finding out. Maybe not warranty claim work but at least routine maintenance schedule service that would be acceptable for keeping the warranty frosty.

I know that is not motocycle related...

But once I asked the same question my (trusted) Hyundai dealer IF he can service my girlfriend Kia...

His response was...I could...but my boss would not allow me to do that
smile.gif

They would be more likely to service a Vespa (a like product) but probably not a bike unless they sold that brand also, training, parts and special tools are probably not supported for them. When in doubt pick up the phone and ask.

Subsidiaries
Aprilia
Derbi
Gilera
Moto Guzzi
Piaggio
Vespa
Piaggio - commercial vehicles

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Didn't know that. I wonder... could an Aprilia dealer then service my new Moto Guzzi (also owned by Piaggio). Doubt it, but worth finding out. Maybe not warranty claim work but at least routine maintenance schedule service that would be acceptable for keeping the warranty frosty.

When I owned my V7 I had it serviced at the Aprilla dealership. I also bought a Dorsoduro from them soooo? I would figure that if they can work on a RSV4 they should have no problems working on a Guzzi twin. That has to be one of the easier motors to access and work on. They also had access to all the parts from Guzzi, to order obviously, since they were in the network.

Last edited:
That give me hope that I may be able to get routine service done where I bought both my Ducati's. They just started carrying Aprilia this past Spring. I've bought two new bikes from them in the past four years, but admittedly not this most recent one. They sell Aprilia, Ducati, MV Augusta, KTM, Triumph, and I think Yamaha. Their service dept is top shelf, very expert. I have a good rapport with them, at least I hope still since I jumped ship to a different brand, LoL.

LoneRanger, do you still have your Ducati that you purchased from them? If you do and they are serviced by them, then I don't see a problem getting your Stelvio serviced either. You could always drop by with a dozen donuts and ask them in person.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I have a good rapport with them, at least I hope still since I jumped ship to a different brand, LoL.

They're probably just happy you stayed Italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back