Buick LeSabre / Buick Lucerne / Cabin Air Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I discovered that after all these years, I've been putting the cabin air filter in the wrong way. Say what you will about K&N, but I accidentally ran across their video and they set me straight. After all these years, I never knew that I was supposed to roll the front 1/3 of the filter back under the filter frame.

https://www.knfilters.com/video/vf3001_install.html

I know what you mean. I just replaced a cabin air filter that was a slightly difficult install on a Ford CMax, similar to what you have to go through on a Ford Escape or Focus. Some tricks to getting it in there right.

Recommend for anybody changing one that they find a youtube video and watch someone do it. Google the terms "ford fusion cabin air fliter youtube" for example if you want to see one for a Fusion.

Also, the Bosch HEPA cabin air filter is a great one. Filters down to 0.3 microns in the high-90%'s (no carbon infusion). amazon.com for that one
Fram Fresh Breeze cabin air filters (carbon and baking soda infused) are very good too.

BLOND SURFER DUDETTE: "I have a cabin filter but my car is full of dust and dirt on the dashboard! Should I keep the windows up? I have claustrophobia so I don't think I can do that!"

My back is sore so I cant do the filter on my Rogue this fall. Its really in a bad place at the base of the centre console against the firewall behind the heater diverter box. The console side cover has to be removed.

P.I.T. %^*!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back