Just got a new Sonata company car for 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just drove it home tonight. Anything I should know about this car? It's a 4 cylinder GDI engine and a basic model like a rental car. In the short drive, it feels solid and the displays are easy enough to figure out.

Last edited:
They're nice cars for the money. I'd wish they had a little more power but I think it's good enough.

My son had a 2013 model. He was in a head on crash on a four lane highway. Driver came across three lanes doing approximately 50 mph, and he was doing 50 mph, which was the posted speed, and hit him head on. He ended up with a broke bone in his back, bloody nose, and seat belt bruising on his side. Other driver was brain dead on impact with other serious injuries, and died a few days later.

Crash damage stopped at firewall, and did not trap his legs, or anything like that. Every airbag deployed inside. Looking in from the outside, it looked like white curtains hanging every where. Very safe car, at least on frontal impact.

It's a nice daily driver for sure. I found it to be a bit numb, but most people in this segment don't care.

I just had one for a week as a rental. I will post a review in next couple days. Good on gas while I had it, the rest was average at best. Not terrible but still not a Camry or Accord in terms of refinement and quality.

I had rented last years model a couple of times. Nice car overall, but the handling is sloppy compared to the others cars I have rented (I don't own a midsize car). Malibu, Camry, Avalon all had better steering and stability in my opinion. Power was okay but not great. I like the looks inside and out and the interior was okay. I think my only other complaint was the hard armrest on the door, my elbow aligned with something hard.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Just drove it home tonight. Anything I should know about this car? It's a 4 cylinder GDI engine and a basic model like a rental car. In the short drive, it feels solid and the displays are easy enough to figure out.

get ready to remove your soul and stomp on it until its last breath.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Get ready to blend in with the landscape like green on leaf.

Just finished a 600-mile trip. In LA rush hour traffic (parking lot on the freeway) I got 37 mpg off the readout and with no traffic at 75 with the cruise control I got 41. In the desert, it was 118F with a bit of rain, a flash flood and humidity off the scale high, and the A/C worked perfectly. I was able with re-circ to turn it just above MAX.

Overall, no complaints.

I had a 2015 rental. Driving out west speed limit was 80mph, I didnt feel like it could handle that speed suspension wise. I got low 30's mpg over 4000 miles which was quite good. I just wish suspension was dialed in better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back