Fram FPS3614 synthethic filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received my 6-pack of Fram FPS3614 spin oil filters, and a did a visual inspection. The cardboard box the six came in was sealed and was stamped the made in the USA.

But I noticed 2 out of the 6 filters, there was dried glue 'strands' over the smaller drain holes (the anti-drain valve is below these holes). It looked like the messy glue strands a glue gun would leave.

In fact, on one filter there was glue in the center main oil filter spin-on thread.

Should I be concerned and scrape the excess off with a utility knife?
Should I call Fram and ask for an exchange?

Thanks

Last edited:
As long as the glue doesn't get on the clean side of the oil filter its fine. See if any glue got into the center hole (clean side of filter), past the threads you mentioned. Use a flashlight or tilt it into the light to try to see up in there. You should do that to see if louvers (if so equipped) are fully open, so might as well hunt for glue up in there too.

You should return all the 3614's anyway and get the oversized XG3600 or FPS3600 for it, if your car has room for the extra length.

Last edited:
I contacted Fram's customer service and they asked me to fill-out a RMA for return.
They felt uncomfortable about glue pieces breaking off during filtration.

My faith in made in USA and has returned.
God bless the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back