Can anyone run a Carfax or VIN check for me??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I were talking about a Lexus we used to own. It was totaled out by a large tree that landed on it during a storm. It was only a few years old.

My wife and I were reminiscing about it last night. She thinks it was scrapped and parted out and I think it was rebuilt and is still out there on the road somewhere.

Just curious. We really loved that car, and it was the first really nice car we have ever had. Thanks, Tom

Originally Posted By: daddi
My wife and I were talking about a Lexus we used to own. It was totaled out by a large tree that landed on it during a storm. It was only a few years old.

You don't live in The Woodlands (Texas) do you?

Had some friends had the same thing happen during hurricane Ike.
Tree fell right across the middle of it. It was a black one.

No this happened when I lived in VA. Derecho hit in June of 2012 I believe. A large hardwood tree hit the roof. Roof was smashed into top of rear seats

If you have the VIN..log onto and create a free account at: https://www.mycarfax.com

Once you load the VIN for your car (or your old car) you get the CarFax service history for free..I think you can have about five cars (VINs) per free account.

I would just google for the VIN first. If it has had any resale activity within the past few years, it'll show up on some car sales aggregator websites.

No this happened when I lived in VA. Derecho hit in June of 2012 I believe. A large hardwood tree hit the roof. Roof was smashed into top of rear seats

Yep, June 2012. That was a wild storm.

Originally Posted By: DB_Cooper
If you have the VIN..log onto and create a free account at: https://www.mycarfax.com

Once you load the VIN for your car (or your old car) you get the CarFax service history for free..I think you can have about five cars (VINs) per free account.

Thank you for the tip sir!! The last maintenance action was a few months before it was totaled. So based on that I'm inclined to think it was indeed scrapped!!

Thank you for the tip sir!! The last maintenance action was a few months before it was totaled. So based on that I'm inclined to think it was indeed scrapped!!

I thought that by law, all scrapped vehicles must have the title/VIN surrendered to the state.
That would also show up on a carfax.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

I thought that by law, all scrapped vehicles must have the title/VIN surrendered to the state.
That would also show up on a carfax.

Yes, "by law" but the last truck I totaled they really didn't care! The salvage yard that is, and everyting is ten dollars off if you don't want a receipt.
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Sure, Tom. What's the VIN?

Thank you for your offer!! SirTanon provided a great site (and free) to check out the car!

It was indeed scrapped.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back