Crown Vic/MGM TYC electric radiator fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The electric radiator fan on my '03 MGM took a dump on me last night, sounds like a grinder (during the brief time it stays on)-how many of you have used the TYC (appears similar to Dorman) ones? I know the MC/Bosch one is allegedly better, but at $90 w/lifetime warranty vs. $360 or so for the (similar looking, also made in China) 1-2 year warranty Bosch made MC one-is it worth the risk?

I put one in the wifes 09 crown vic 3 years and 25k miles ago and have had no problems with it. Picked it up from Amazon for 107.00 plus overnight shipping. I'd buy one again if needed.

I'm very pleasede with a TYC alternator I bought for Camry. 14.4 volts out, day, night, summer and winter. I have a TYC window motor in the same car, very fast, even in cold weather. The TYC was no more expensive than a Denso reman and the original unit had badly scored rotor contacts.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
but at $90 w/lifetime warranty vs. $360 or so for the (similar looking, also made in China) 1-2 year warranty Bosch made MC one-is it worth the risk?

TYC, plus it's not a huge gamble with a ton of labor to replace the part. Like a pressed in wheel bearing would be.

TYC is one of the FEW foreign brands I have come to love and trust. Never been disappointed by them.

Refresh my memory... TYC is Taiwan, not china, correct?

HUGE difference in quality of parts from Taiwan (almost as good as japan)
and China (which is russian roulette)

I've used TWC parts several times and for several different vehicles - very satisfied. I put a fan on an 09 CTS for a lady on a budget. It was $360 OEM vs $76 TWC on Rockauto. It has been running fine for over a year now.

TYC is Taiwanese, and their products are pretty decent. While I have not tried their alternators and HVAC parts, I don't think you'll have any issues with the fan.

Got it, put it on in about 1/2 hour, only had to open up a hole for the snap-in lower radiator hose support, worked like a champ. Apparently has a lifetime warranty as well, can't beat that!

The Motorcraft radiator for your car is only $270 from Rock Auto
smile.gif

I've had good luck with Denso radiators, which are made in Taiwan by Cryomax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back