Beautiful afternoon on the river

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilmutt
What the name of the river,i go to up state NY several times a year,the fish pole is always in my trunk!

Never been to NY but I always carry two rods in both my vehicles. A spinner with 7lb fluro and a bait caster with 45lb braid. Both rods are identical but you never know when your gonna pass by a new pond and I have a habit of getting a few casts in at pretty much all new ponds I find.

Last edited:
Nice pics. You sound familiar. I love the Adirondack Mountain area of NY, and a few other places, but I hate the state. LOL

Awesome pics. "Unspoiled Nature" isn't exactly the first concept that comes to mind for many when thinking of New York State, but this is proof that is a misconception !! Very beautiful !!

For all the Midwesterners "upstate NY" means "not NYC or LI" lol.

Poughkeepsie is upstate as is Rochester.

Nice pics.

Last edited:
This is the St. Regis river, flows from the Adirondacks to the St. Lawrence River.

I am very upstate. 20 minute drive to the Canadian border. Thanks guys, I try to keep my back yard nice!! Gotta get a dock sometime, my kid wants to "go swimming in the ribber."
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
This is the St. Regis river, flows from the Adirondacks to the St. Lawrence River.

I am very upstate. 20 minute drive to the Canadian border. Thanks guys, I try to keep my back yard nice!! Gotta get a dock sometime, my kid wants to "go swimming in the ribber."
crackmeup2.gif

I'll be that river is pretty cold year round! There is a small river running behind our condo up in the Whites and it is quite "refreshing" even in July and August. Of course, kids don't seem to care about water being cold and will jump right in if it's in the 50s...

Beautiful view! We used to have a nice view of the nearby ski mountain out our back window, but now a couple of really tall trees in the surrounding woods are threatening to totally obscure it. Surely nobody would notice two missing trees in a huge forest if a running chainsaw happened to be dropped against their trunks totally by accident???
;^)

Last edited:
It's gorgeous in the fall! I've never really measured the temperature but I bet its in the upper 60's lower 70's right now. The only thing I really don't like are the idiots on snowmobiles out there when the ice isn't that thick.

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
It's gorgeous in the fall! I've never really measured the temperature but I bet its in the upper 60's lower 70's right now. The only thing I really don't like are the idiots on snowmobiles out there when the ice isn't that thick.
You should take a couple more pics around the first week or two of October of the same area! Ya, up here we get our fair share of idiots out on the thin ice and they wonder why they go through. Quite often its guys with brand new machines who just cant wait to get out on them and end up swamping it on the first run lol

You are correct, New York is a very beautiful state, with many awesome locations. Your pics remind me of my childhood, now a half century behind me. Wonderful stuff.

I'll take some more pics in a month or so when the leaves are changing, it's very beautiful.

Luckily no one has went through in a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back