New 20,000mi XG7317

Status
Not open for further replies.
20XG7317a.jpg

20XG7317b.jpg

Painted can vs decals.

I plan on throwing one of these in my Odyssey at my next OCI, running M1 HM 5W-20 and doing 2x OCI with the filter. OCI will be when the MM gets to 10%.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
Can't let Mobil 1 one up them.

Mobil 1 won't, as $9.97 for a M1 filter is crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Did they make any changes compared to the previous "15,000 mile" filter?

From what Motorking (the Fram rep here) said, nothing was changed, the 15,000 mile was a liability/lawyer issue. Further real world testing has shown 20,000 is a safe number, as well as OEM intervals increasing.

And yet someone will still buy it because it's the "best", and pair it with Mobil 1 or PU, and then OFCI every 5k miles ...
You know - because it's cheap insurance.
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
Very nice, thank you for the pics
smile.gif

You’re welcome of course

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I just put one on my wife's Corolla a few hours ago. I liked the sticker better, personally.

I liked this graphic best.

XG73173a.jpg

But I like the new paint better than this graphic.

SqyBdOc.jpg

Not that it makes much difference you can’t see it on the car anyway.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
From what Motorking (the Fram rep here) said, nothing was changed, the 15,000 mile was a liability/lawyer issue. Further real world testing has shown 20,000 is a safe number, as well as OEM intervals increasing.

That’s my understanding as well. I don’t know if they will warranty a 15,000 mile on for 20,000 though. I’ve run a couple to almost 20,000 already so it is NDB to me if they will or won’t.

I have way too many filters for this car... I’ll never use them all...
sick.gif

Cool! Now to make "SureGrip" an option so I can stop hunting down fram pro synthetics!!!

Also noticed the date code isn't the laser etched type

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back