Anyone tried Power Stop Performance Brake Calipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I don't care about the red paint, that's not why I'm considering them, so lets get that out of the way. Just looking for good effective inexpensive calipers for my older truck. I noticed the boots and seals were all bad on my 2004 Ram 1500 when I changed the rotors and pads last month and I'm looking to replace. The Power Stops are one of the cheapest options from RA so that's why I'm looking at them. Looking for any reviews / experience you all may have had with them. If not those, I'll probably just go with the local NAPA remans so I can look at them in person and not have to mess with shipping of cores. Thanks.

Yes. From Amazon. Didn't mail back cores.
Great fit. Have only had for 800 miles on the front.
All is good.
The last that I installed, I did not use new calipers. All I know is the pads lasted less than 10,000 miles in less than three years. The pad material essentially welded the slots shot. Power stop of course does not warranty.

Check to see if Raybestos has their new calipers available on Rockauto. No core charges do deal with either. Get new brake hoses as well.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Check to see if Raybestos has their new calipers available on Rockauto. No core charges do deal with either. Get new brake hoses as well.

I may need some front ones on the Matrix so just checked Rock. Looks like $74 shipped with no core to deal with.

Wow, just checked on an 04 Dodge Ram 1500, guessed the V6 model. $53 plus shipping for the new Raybestos one. Shipping est abt $11. So what is that, looks like $64 to me. Cheaper than the Matrix.

I did see some Raybestos coated ones for $94 or so for the M but there's a core fee involved on those.

Last edited:
I found that my local O'rielys had a great price on reman calipers for a couple of my cars. Much easier to deal with cores and any warranties locally. Of course they aren't red...

The red paint is cool, but what makes it even better is that the red coating will help deter rust. The reman job is done in Chicago (Cardone is moving their reman caliper production to Mexico)

If you end up buying Napa Calipers, get the Total Eclipse line. It has a black coating to help stop the rust. Napa's reman calipers are Cardone, and the Eclipse is a reboxed Cardone Ultra, except the coating is black instead of silver like on the Cardone-branded Ultras.

Powerstop red, Napa Eclipse, Cardone Ultra, or any other coated caliper should be good.

I purchased a LF and a RF for a 2002 Ford Escape about two months ago. These were the cheapie/economy calipers sold on RA that don't have the red paint and they don't need any cores returned. I also included two new front brake lines. (If you have an early Escape, REPLACE THE FRONT FLEXIBLE BRAKE LINES!)
They looked to be a very good rebuild and they've worked great since they've been installed. I guess the part about being rebuilt in Detroit helps with their sales, but I don't know if they are rebuilt in Detroit or simply boxed there.
I can't tell you about their red ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back