What to use Chevron Supreme 10w30 in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks. Wondering what to do with the 15 quarts of Chevron Supreme 10w30 I have. My dad said he would use it in his 03' Dakota truck with the 3.9 v-6. I think it's a tad thick for a 2.4 2AZ-FE Toyota engine. What do you folks think?

Yeah, I was thinking of using one jug next oil change then waiting til next summer to use the other up or....

I think its a great oil for even year round use in your car. It doesn't get cold enough there to worry about it. My good friend up in Marquette Michigan ran VWB 10w30 in his 2000 Dakota with the 360/5.9 all last winter that I gave him from an Amazon deal last fall. Coldest mornings were in the -15F to -20F range and it fired up without any complaints.

+1 to what SilverFusion stated. I am running 30 grade SAE 30 in the 2.2L in the lady's Camry.

Originally Posted By: car51
"What to use Chevron Supreme 10w30 in"

Hmmmm.... any gasoline fueled internal combustion engine
grin.gif

Good morning folks. Wondering what to do with the 15 quarts of Chevron Supreme 10w30 I have. My dad said he would use it in his 03' Dakota truck with the 3.9 v-6. I think it's a tad thick for a 2.4 2AZ-FE Toyota engine. What do you folks think?

It's good to about 0*F so all but Jan/Feb usage in your area should be fine.

Originally Posted By: Shrubitup

It's good to about 0*F so all but Jan/Feb usage in your area should be fine.

Well, I'll put a jug in the car very soon and lately PA hasn't had a "real cold winter"
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex

grin.gif

Yep, long as it's not too cold.

That 2AZ-FE Toyota engine is spec'd 5W30 or 10W30 in Australia.

Jeep 4.0 engines...and a bunch more.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Originally Posted By: Linctex

grin.gif

Yep, long as it's not too cold.

...and most of them are probably using 15w40 anyway!

Originally Posted By: bbhero
+1 to what SilverFusion stated. I am running 30 grade SAE 30 in the 2.2L in the lady's Camry.

+1 Anything you want!

Originally Posted By: hpb
Originally Posted By: SR5

...and most of them are probably using 15w40 anyway!

Yes they would, even in your Tassi winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back