New Marvel Mystery Oil dosages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been afraid of over dosing tcw3 and mmo.

About a month ago, a member posted a link on here about the marvel bottles changing. on them, was a very confusion dosage chart.

I looked at a seafoam can and both mmo and seafoam claim to use 1 oz per gallon to ( condition fuel )

For the last month, I've used the 128 : 1 Mixture on several things.

The one thing i noticed was it totally changed the idle quality on our generator and my pressure washer.

The dose broke up a lot of crud in my 80 c10 tank and clogged the carb...

The most outstanding thing has been the pressure washer. It had a surge for the last 2 years. I use it weekly with tcw3 (1oz to 5 ga )

I added 1/2 oz and filled the little 1qt tank up.

15 minutes into the job it idled like when i bought it...

I blindly added it to my wife's prius and she said ( did you do Stuff to the car ? Its really zippy )

Clearly you couldn't run 1 oz per gallon all the time, but it really works well if you wanna do a ( quick clean )

Quote:
About a month ago, a member posted a link on here about the marvel bottles changing. on them, was a very confusion dosage chart.

I checked four bottles.

1) I've had in the garage a year
2+3) In the trunk of her car and mine a month
4) Got from Amazon Thursday

All bottles are the same and dosages clear and identical.

Quote:
I blindly added it to my wife's prius and she said ( did you do Stuff to the car ? Its really zippy )

Besides measuring the clear MPG boost I get from the stuff, this is EXACTLY my blind proof. She drives her car and fills it the same place every time (Costco, 92 octane). Without me saying a word, she can tell when I slip the 3oz/10gallon into the tank. Not double blind like the NEJM would like, but a [censored] clear endorsement, as well as the measured mileage boost. At 5 cents/gallon, it MORE than pays for itself. Love this stuff.

Normal recommended doses :
TC-W3 : 640:1
MMO : 320:1

To be safe , I usually run TC-W3 at 1280:1 and MMO at 640:1 ... YMMV.

I keep seeing tcw3 references all over the site, am I correct in saying it would be two-stroke oil ashless being used in vehicles that don't require it. If that's the case I certainly have the reasons in my brain why one would do that can you elaborate while bitog does it thanks

If you're afraid of "over dosing" - you might consider a dose of zero.

That dose is known to be safe for every car...

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
Quote:

I checked four bottles.

1) I've had in the garage a year
2+3) In the trunk of her car and mine a month
4) Got from Amazon Thursday

All bottles are the same and dosages clear and identical.

Quote:

Besides measuring the clear MPG boost I get from the stuff, this is EXACTLY my blind proof. She drives her car and fills it the same place every time (Costco, 92 octane). Without me saying a word, she can tell when I slip the 3oz/10gallon into the tank. Not double blind like the NEJM would like, but a [censored] clear endorsement, as well as the measured mileage boost. At 5 cents/gallon, it MORE than pays for itself. Love this stuff.

Do your bottles state 1/2 to 1 oz per gallon for 4 stroke & 2 stroke ?

This is what I'm talking about.

For everyone giving me dosage recommendations, I've used mmo for years. I stopped a couple years ago when i joined this site and discovered tcw3.

Originally Posted By: leroyd92
The dose broke up a lot of crud in my 80 c10 tank and clogged the carb...

How come you aren't running a fuel filter?!?!?!

Originally Posted By: NStuart
I keep seeing tcw3 references all over the site, am I correct in saying it would be two-stroke oil ashless being used in vehicles that don't require it. If that's the case I certainly have the reasons in my brain why one would do that can you elaborate while bitog does it thanks

I'll let you research it for yourself. There seems to be a LOT of evidence to support the idea.

I buy it by the gallon. Love the stuff. I have found it boosts your gas mileage and performance. I don't measure it in and kinda estimate it at 4 ounces but sometimes I over estimated the gas needed at the pump and the dosage cane out higher. No problems.
I sunk the Dodge once in a water crossing years back and once I got it re-started and all the water drained out the tail pipe. I put a whole quart in one tank of gas. Again with out issue. I put it in everything that uses gas and I really have had Great luck with it.

Well, that's what made this so interesting... I have a huge spin on fuel filter, but the 18" line running from it to the carb had crudd in it from its 8 year sit.

So, there was many little varnish flakes that chipped off and hung out in The float bowl.

Originally Posted By: leroyd92
Well, that's what made this so interesting... I have a huge spin on fuel filter, but the 18" line running from it to the carb had crudd in it from its 8 year sit.

So, there was many little varnish flakes that chipped off and hung out in The float bowl.

I've been told that taking your carb off and letting it soak in a tub of MMO overnight has worked wonders. You could try that if your carb is gunked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back