KP, Pure Power, Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

As i am looking at buying oil filters (K&N, Ryco, Drift, Wix etc) I came accross something that at least to me made sense.

KP or Pure Power oil filters.

Being a Mopar kinda guy i checked what oil Ray Barton racing use on the worlds best Hemi's and thats how I found KP oil filters.

Reusable billet alloy.

So here i am wondering... I drive around 600km a week, so essentially every 15 weeks I would need a new oil filter. Each one costing 20+ dollars (say the wrench of K&n HP 1001 filter, or Ryco Z148 etc)...

If i spend 200 bucks on one filter that lasts me forever... well it made sense to me given that in just 2 years it would pay itself off and never cost me again. Then its just oil change n done.

From all the advertisement of each product bla bla... it seems they filter excepetionally well (better than the standard spinon k&n, mobil 1 etc) with a much better flow rate as well. So in a way getting best of both worlds with the advantage of being able to clean it and keep using it rather than 20 bucks every service x4 a year at the rate im driving.

So anyway, it made sense to me.

So why post?

Well how good are they really? comparing to a Ryco z418 or K&n HP 1001 oil filter?

There the two i been using, pretty much from what i read the knn one is like mobil 1 filter which is good... so compare to that (or even royal purple with synthetic media) going to either a KP or pure power billet "buy one and never need another filter again" style...

what can I expect to happen?

Is it an upgrade or is it getting something worse and no good for the car?

If its a good decision...

then KP or pure power... who makes the better oil filter in that reusable sort?

Thanks

If you buy one of these filters, you'd do well to get an ultrasonic cleaner too for when its time to clean the screen

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
No ADBV...they say it's no big deal because flow is established so quickly, but that would definitely bother me.

Sorry, this comment was about KP, didn't look at the other filters.

These filters are really just rock catchers in terms of efficiency. You'd be better served with a normal filter for a daily driver.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
These filters are really just rock catchers in terms of efficiency. You'd be better served with a normal filter for a daily driver.

22 Absolute microns is a rock catcher?

Thought that is more efficient than paper as well as not restrict oil flow...

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back