Gas scooter wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this used Viza venom 33cc motor scooter two years ago I rode it for a month then winter came and I put didnt touch it for a month or two. The engine wouldn't start and in the process I broke the rope to the starter. While trying to restring it the recoil spring came out and I have yet been able to get in back into the housing. I just cleaned out the carburetor and put fresh mixed gas and got a new spark plug in there, im using a 18v wireless drill to try and start it but its not starting any suggestions, I believe the issue is with the carburetor the gas intake seems to be missed up but I dont have the patience to tinker with it, Please let me know if you have any feed back on what might be going wrong!

I believe there is some promblem with the fuel deliver but the spark plug is covered in oil when I take it out to make sure im geting ignition, I believe there may be a oil build up/ carbon build up, but when I took of the exaughts to remove exscess oil it sitll wouldnt start. And i believe its getting some fuel cause at one point it started up for about 10 secounds then died

A quick search on eBay showed replacement recoil assemblies for under $10. Replacement carbs about the same.

If the plug is covered in oil the mixture might be too rich (sounds like it runs on mixed gas). Try replacing the plug if it seems to be getting fuel.

If you replace the plug and it won't fire, spray a small amount of carb cleaner in the carb and see if it fires on that. If it fires on the carb cleaner, you have a fuel delivery problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back