My last day with Pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandora are shutting down their operation in Australia and New Zealand at the end of this month. I'll be at work tomorrow, so today is my last day to tune in. I have the free account and have no ad stuff on my computer, it's been really good. I will put Pandora on when family are here - there are raised eyebrows, thumbs ups and ''who's this?'', always good stuff I want to hear.

Long time free user here (on smartTV). Its a really nice way to tune into to different genres. Ads are present but very minimal.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
What would be equivalent?

Google Play?

I have come to hate Pandora's incessant ads....

That, and I came to realize that they have a long cycle that repeats.

Slacker Radio is a great alternative to Pandora, if Slacker is available Down Under. I tried Pandora for a while, it was OK but I did not like the commercials. Iheart Radio was OK, but also had too many obnoxious commercials and video ads. Slacker has commercials in the free version, but I have the $4.00 monthly upgraded subscription with no commercials and unlimited skips. They have a lot of genres to pick from and millions of songs, not near so repetitive as Pandora.

I have an ad blocker, so never had an ad on Pandora, just the announcement today about stopping the service to Aust and NZ, although I already knew.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Google Play is the way to go. Better variety and comes with YouTube Red and Music.

Casting videos via YouTube Red as I type this! No commercials on YouTube are one of those things I just took for granted. This is one of those things that's just a good value and you get your money's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back