Coolant in oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys:

2007 Mazda 6i here.

It has a small coolant leak that I can't seem to chase down.

Will a standard Blackstone UOA tell me if the car is leaking coolant into oil?

It will, but I hope your not using an oil that contains sodium to skew the results. Let your engine sit on ramps for hours
letting the engine cool down. Crack the drain bolt and see if any coolant dribbles out.

using the mazda FL22. I took the under cover off a few months back, and don't see any leakage.

it is difficult to read the tank. I can smell burning coolant - so it is going somewhere.

Originally Posted By: Chester11
using the mazda FL22. I took the under cover off a few months back, and don't see any leakage.

it is difficult to read the tank. I can smell burning coolant - so it is going somewhere.

prolly weeping onto exhaust manifold somewhere; oil level will INCREASE if it's ending up inside the block.

If you've already replaced all hoses AND waterpump, I've had good luck locating TINY leaks by totally emptying all coolant (including block), then pressurizing to 15/20 #'s with AIR, then listening around for HISSING sound - head cracks/gasket leaks are revealed by removing plugs and listening inside spark-plug hole (use a rubber tube - one end at ear, other in plug-hole, or anywhere leak suspected.

I would get the oil analyzed for contamination. Small internal leaks will not give the oil the milkshake appearance, as I found out, so you never really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back