2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a 2017 Toyota RAV4 hybrid. Recommended oil is TGMO 0w20 or ILSAC GF-5 0w20 oil. Change every 10000 miles they say. I seem to see already that TGMO was highly recommended. Whats your thoughts?

I agree. I will use the 2 freebies with the Toyota Care, after that, I was asking. Where can you get TGMO cheap?

I was helping someone pick out their new vehicle last year and they really want the rav hybrid but every dealership wanted well over msrp...she went with a top model subaru outback instead for well under msrp

Congrats on the rav, they are awesome. TGMO is a great oil in terms of fuel economy. Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
I was helping someone pick out their new vehicle last year and they really want the rav hybrid but every dealership wanted well over msrp...she went with a top model subaru outback instead for well under msrp

Congrats on the rav, they are awesome. TGMO is a great oil in terms of fuel economy. Enjoy.
That is sad. Because I bought mine well under MSRP. Either demand is really high in your area or dealers can get that much for than. But, I saw you said last year. It was there first year and sometime you don't get a good deal.

Last edited:

The opposite would have been true in Colorado. Subarus are top money here!

I like M1 0w20 AFE more since it has better cold start viscosity (4160 CCS vs 6420) from the use of Group IV base stocks. It also has lower NOACK @ 10% vs 13-14% for TGMO.

You get what you pay for, there's a reason why TGMO is usually cheaper.

Originally Posted By: NH73
I agree. I will use the 2 freebies with the Toyota Care, after that, I was asking. Where can you get TGMO cheap?
Originally Posted By: JustinH
New RAV4 should come with 2 years of Toyota Care, so stick with the 10k OCI and let the dealer do it for a couple years.

You are asking a question which is 2 years away from being acted upon. You plan ahead, Dude!

Nice car! Congrats on your excellent choice. Price always drove me away from them. $26k truecar.com for an XLE AWD (least expensive) is not bad now. They were a lot more expensive a year ago when I last looked.

Originally Posted By: bigj_16

The opposite would have been true in Colorado. Subarus are top money here!
seattle, nuff said. Subaru are insanely overpriced there as well, but then again every single thing is. I saw a 2004 Lexus LX with 240k miles listed for $19k! Used cars, as well as new, are often 10-25%+ more expensive there than here in SoCal

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
I like M1 0w20 AFE more since it has better cold start viscosity (4160 CCS vs 6420) from the use of Group IV base stocks. It also has lower NOACK @ 10% vs 13-14% for TGMO.

So what do you do if you want lower NOACK of say the 5w-30 or 10w-30s in the 5% range but your car calls for 0w-20? I ran the QSUD 10w-30 which is in the 5%.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HondaRULZ
Originally Posted By: HKPolice

So what do you do if you want lower NOACK of say the 5w-30 or 10w-30s in the 5% range but your car calls for 0w-20? I ran the QSUD 10w-30 which is in the 5%.
What about M1EP and Pennzoil Platinum or there Ultra?

Originally Posted by NH73
Originally Posted by HondaRULZ
Originally Posted by HKPolice

What about M1EP and Pennzoil Platinum or there Ultra?
Back again and my ToyotaCare ran out. I can service my vehicle for cheaper than paying for the plus. Well, it looks like I will need to invest in a oil filter wrench and eventually my first oil and filters.

tgmo voa 2018

You can see there is a lot to like. Great tbn but yet di friendly, great moly. An oil made for old and new toyotas. Yes it ends up being a little over 2 dollars per quart more then sale m1 or qs or most name brands, but in this single case it might be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back