Firestone Destination LE2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have on my company truck. Nice riding and long wearing. Not very aggressive at all. I do go off road with them on the truck.
I am on my second set and they seem to wear as good as any.

Last edited:
I'll be buying them this fall for my Liberty. I've heard only good things about them.

I've had them on my 03 V8 2X4 4Runner for a couple of years now and they are doing fine. It's possible that they will last up to and maybe just over 50/60K of hard, loaded use. I run them at 40 psi. They have resisted side wall damage driving in the desert and handle rain well. It does not rain often here but when it does the roads are very slippery because of all the built up residue until it gets washed away. These tires see more hot weather conditions but have never been in snow or ice. They are very quiet on the freeway and handle driving too fast on the ramps just fine which is something I sometimes can't resist. The best recommendation I can give them is that when they do wear out I'm going to buy them, again.

Here is some more info on how I use my 4Runner.

I've had the Destinations on 2 different Ford Explorer company cars. About a year ago I had them replaced with Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus and like them better. They are a little quieter, chirp less easily when accelerating (especially while cornering), and have much better wet weather performance than the Firestones. About halfway through their treadlife, the Destination tires became very susceptible to hydroplaning, so much so that I replaced them a little earlier than planned and a couple 32's earlier than required. My driving is 99% on pavement with an occasional foray on dirt or gravel roads. No actual off roading. Beyond a day or 2 a year, I have had limited experience driving either of them on snow or ice, so I can't really comment there.

Appreciate the input. One of the reasons I'm looking at them, is the 265/75/16 online can be found for $99/tire. It does seem to get some reasonable feedback elsewhere. Hard to find a tire, other than the real entry-level tires, for this price.

My FIL and MIL have these on their F150. The vehicle is not babied and neither are tires. Not even sure if they get rotated regularly. My FIL says they have been wearing well and overall have been a good tire. I think they have been on for 50k miles or so.

I've got them on the wife's Rogue. She's put close to 20k on them since last summer. Rotated every 5 and kept properly inflated at all times. They ride well, fairly quiet (Rogue Select has below average NVH) and do well in the rain. We've been happy with them and would recommend them.

This tire generally gets good reviews on several different truck boards.

Before someone else says it---I will

"Michelin are the greatest tires in the world". Better than what your looking at.

(I don't mean it-but I just saved someone the effort).

very good tire, highly recommended, have owned a set.

would rather have firestone destination le2 that than a michelin

I have a set on my Ranger. My wife had them on her last car. Great handling and ride, very little wear. Very quiet, and good in rain.

Good stuff - The AT version has been great on my old generation Canyon ... I'm at the end of crud road now and only loss was a slow Cottonmouth ...

I think they are a fine tire, especially when mostly on pavement. No sense to have a noisy tire when trying to listen to the radio or talk in the phone.

Originally Posted By: dogememe
very good tire, highly recommended, have owned a set.

would rather have firestone destination le2 that than a michelin

No love for Michelin here either. No one here has commented about how the Destination LE2 handles in the snow. That's a high priority on my list. I read good reviews about them in snow, I'm wondering what the Bitog community thinks.

I had a set of Firestone LE's on my prior 2001 Dodge 1500 Sport 4X4. I put those on when I lived in SE Louisiana then moved to NW Ohio for my wife's job. They handled well in the rain and no ptoblems in the snow during a polar vortex winter there.

Last edited:
Came as OE tires on 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4, lasted 37,000 miles. Rotated every 5k-6k, pressure checked monthly, wore evenly to the tread wear indicator bar but did not last as long as I thought they would. Replaced with Michelin Defender LTX MS, much better tire all around IMO.

2nd set here. Great tires. All the above comments are legit, but I can't attest to the one post who mentioned hydroplaning. On my 2wd truck, the fronts never hydroplaned but the rears, like any tire, were challenged in rain. to that end, they did grip better when new than when they wore, but even worn they handled rain better than the GYs that the truck came with. I moved to an AT on the truck but we put LE2s on my wife's CRV when it needed a set. We've also not had any balance issues with these.

As you can see, the LE has been around for a while and generally has a very solid reputation. I put a set on my son's Mountaineer and they have been fine. But, there's been a lot of technological advancement in tire design in the past few years and I'm the type who likes to try out the latest and greatest. So, I'm on a second set of Bridgestone Alenza Plus tires on my Tahoe. These tires have B/Fs longest warranty at 80,000 miles. I really liked the first set and my local Firestone store replaced them (prorated) at 60,000 miles so I got a discount on the second set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back