Extreme Filter by Insane Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: USAFACE
Supposed to be the best bypass filter ever, increases oil life significantly and reduces engine wear. Has a hefty price tag. What do you guys think?

Looks EXACTLY like a very expensive Frantz Filter.

Woefully uninformative website. I just sent them an email; here's what I asked...

I'm interested in trying your filter, but there is no sense me buying it unless I have room under my hood...Can you email me the unit dimensions, installation instructions, etc.? Does it need to be mounted vertically? What size oil supply and return hoses are needed? Or a certain distance above the oil level in the crankcase like a centrifuge? Within a few degrees of vertical? Do you have any 3rd party testing results? What sort of ISO 4406 cleanliness code may I expect within how many miles (and/or) oil changes using your filter?
Thanks,

I'd like to see if and how they answer. Thanks for the post.

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil
Woefully uninformative website. I just sent them an email; here's what I asked...

I'm interested in trying your filter, but there is no sense me buying it unless I have room under my hood...Can you email me the unit dimensions, installation instructions, etc.? Does it need to be mounted vertically? What size oil supply and return hoses are needed? Or a certain distance above the oil level in the crankcase like a centrifuge? Within a few degrees of vertical? Do you have any 3rd party testing results? What sort of ISO 4406 cleanliness code may I expect within how many miles (and/or) oil changes using your filter?
Thanks,

I really don't understand websites like that. We've seen many similar ones on here, generally for additives and other types of dubious concoctions. Do people get attracted to that type of gaudy and flashy site and think it somehow makes up for all the missing technical information? Do they?

I guess glitzy non-information sells, but it tells me that underneath it all there is nothing but nonsense.

I'll keep my Frantz - thank you
smile.gif

So part one is a bypass filter with whats being described as variable depth media.

Part 2 is some additive claiming to be - "Certified Space Technology"? that can increase gas mileage 10%. Really?

Need some more data before I start "believing". Preferably third party testing.

Id stick with a Frantz or Amsoil/ Puradyne setup if I were bothering with an external.
something I can find media for relatively easily.

UD

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil

Thanks,

ihatetochangeoil: Go get'em!!! Once they get done talking with you they will have to revise their web site.

I'll stick with my Frantz and Baldwin filters.

Originally Posted By: UncleDave
So part one is a bypass filter with whats being described as variable depth media.

Part 2 is some additive claiming to be - "Certified Space Technology"? that can increase gas mileage 10%. Really?

That right there is so rock stupid that anything else on that website should be dismissed out of hand.

I emailed them about a set of lines. They have a kit for the PSD 6.7, why re-invent the wheel?
They trashed on me about my Racor LFS, and explained in depth (in other words, re-hashed their sales pitch) about how the Extreme Filter was better in every way, and my Racor was only a cone of twine.
Ummm, yeah.
And they wanted a boat load of money for lines and fittings.
I'm not impressed, YMMV.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

That right there is so rock stupid that anything else on that website should be dismissed out of hand.

On the scale of bad - its way up there.

UD

claiming to be - "Certified Space Technology"?

I've seen the logo before on other things.... none of which seemed to be able to hold up to any number of near impossible claims.

When you see this logo, you know it's a scam!
grin.gif

CertifiedTechnologyCMYK%20copy_1.jpg

Lol great reading your replies and messages to them. I figured you guys would get a kick out of it. Now let's see the responses some of you get from them.
laugh.gif

They answered my email questions..."4406 ISO codes: you can expect about 19/17/13 to 18/15/11 if you follow the maintenance recommendations, as you can see at the website InsaneDiesel.com" This is illustrated here: http://www.extremereliability.tech/real-results.html

The issue I have with this is that virgin Amsoil 5W30 (which I've done UOA on) has a particle count of 17/16/13; additionally, I see NO EFFICIENCY ratings anywhere on their site, even a Fram rock catcher advertises 99% at 20 microns http://www.fram.com/oil-filters/fram-ultra-synthetic-oil-filter/#1 (see footnote 2).

In their video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=673DlTOc84U Look at 0:30 seconds...They're using AMSOIL'S chart and test results...Can't they do their own chart? They've got some catchy music at the beginning, but I see mostly smoke and mirrors. As has been stated on BITOG before, my back door screen wire will catch "1 micron" particles; but how efficiently? I see no claims of HOW EFFICIENT their filter is at 1 micron. Translation: It isn't efficient enough at this level to advertise.

At 0:53 same video, they use "course" instead of "coarse" describing their filter element. I have little confidence in product videos using improper spelling or grammar. At 2:09, they claim a semi-truck went 162,000 miles without an oil change...

Yet Puradyn, ONE of the filters I'm using, not only has 5 US Patents, there is an endorsement from a Michigan trucking company that has gone 1 million miles EACH with a fleet of 100 trucks without an oil change. http://www.marketwired.com/press-release...ange-793914.htm

I do not think they are as good as Amsoil bypass systems, Kleen-Oil systems, Puradyn, NTZ, etc. (All of which I've run and have UOA on). I agree with another poster on this thread that they are an overpriced Frantz.

In multiple locations on their site, they claim you can go 20K without even a filter change...Gee, Fram does that for a helluva lot less money. Right now, my car is at 35K+ without an oil change (supported by UOA). I'm totally unimpressed.

I doubt they are actually "making" the media they said in their video pretty sure they said they "discovered" the best one they didnt say they created it. It would be easiest to parrot the the number of the real manufacturer.

Lets see their plant.

If not who is really supplying the media because thats where the tech would be. I think their canister does look nice.

Anything about the "space Tech" claims?

I agree if there is a value proposition to be had here Im not seeing it spelled out.

UD

The bro-tier marketing and sophomoric company name go far in negating any benefit of the doubt that would normally be accorded to such an organization.

Seriously, insane diesel? Adjudication as mentally incompetent is a badge of honor?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
I really don't understand websites like that. We've seen many similar ones on here, generally for additives and other types of dubious concoctions. Do people get attracted to that type of gaudy and flashy site and think it somehow makes up for all the missing technical information? Do they?

I guess glitzy non-information sells, but it tells me that underneath it all there is nothing but nonsense.

You've been around here long enough to know that; all you have to do is look inside our own membership for examples.
How many folks do we have that profess using a syn lube and expensive filter for 5k miles is "best"?
What about folks here posting up about their new BP filter, but never do extended OCIs?

Yes - many people do succumb to marketing and hype!

Originally Posted By: Corelokt
So their using diesel now to power the space station?

Actually, NASA switched from Propane to Diesel sometime around 2012 or 2013 I believe.

Last edited:
Looks like they are using the Filtakleen Bypass elements, they offer 4 sizes of housings same as Filtakleen.
I have been using Filtakleen filters on a fleet for over 20 years, they work great, just need to have an oil analysis program in place.
The cost of the Insane filters are extreme, the Filtakleen filters and elements are almost 50% less for the exact size and performance.
Filtakleen Filters have been around since 1982 from England and came to the United States in the early 90's.
Filtakleen and Kleen Oil was partners back in the 90's and decided to split business back in 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back