Impressed-WALMART

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a set of General Atimax tires installed today at my local Walmart. I watched the complete process from de-mounting to torquing the lug nuts. I'm not easily impressed because I've turned a lot of wrenches in my 65 years of working on vehicles. This is the 5th set I had installed by Walmart and was always pleased with the work. To much bad mouthing of dealers, quick lubes and places like Walmart. We seldom hear about the good places and I'm sure someone will have negative comments about my experience. Ed

Good to hear! I went into the Ford QuickLane this morning for an oil change and to have them mount four tires. I was impressed with how meticulous they were and didn't rush through the job. Second time I've had tires installed there. The nice thing about QuickLane and Walmart TLE is they don't bother you with constant upselling. Plus the price they quoted was exactly what I paid at the end. Not $10-20+ higher at the end.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I don't have any negative things to say about Walmart T&LE technicians.

+1, I know one of the guys and thumbs up.
thumbsup2.gif

Even the lady at the counter is very nice and professional. Prob will get a battery installed there soon. Although it tested ok at QL but it's a 5 yr old Rural King Exide battery.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I had a set of General Atimax tires installed today at my local Walmart. I watched the complete process from de-mounting to torquing the lug nuts. I'm not easily impressed because I've turned a lot of wrenches in my 65 years of working on vehicles. This is the 5th set I had installed by Walmart and was always pleased with the work. To much bad mouthing of dealers, quick lubes and places like Walmart. We seldom hear about the good places and I'm sure someone will have negative comments about my experience. Ed

We have too many "rant"/ "gripe" threads on here. It's gets really boring and repetitive. I know it's slow discussion day when those things pop up.

The situation being that of all the oil changes done at quick lube places, all the tires changed (at all the Walmart locations across the country) we hear about the "off day". Thank you for taking time out and posting a positive experience.

Last edited:
Great post Eddie. And great post CKN. I haven't had a car of mine at a Walmart TLE in yes but I had no complaints when I did go there. They did a good job for me as well.

Very cool to hear. Was that the one on Del Prado? I have been there many times. My aunt just retired after working at that store for 30 years. She was a cashier in the pharmacy.

As long as tire tech does his job you should get a quality mount and balance at any tire shop. Lots of mechanics are lazy unless its their own personal vehicle.

TLE associate here. There are some good TLEs, than there are some VERY poorly run ones.

P.S. We are required to torque down a vehicles lug nuts 3 times.
First one by the person who is working on it either with torque sticks or with torque wrench
Second one by someone else mandatory torque wrench.
Third by the original person working on it after driving around like in a number 8. Then torque it down with torque wrench.
(All must be done to manufactures spec. We have a poster on the wall that tells us everything.)

Originally Posted By: Eddie

TRUST NOONE. (you have built some kinda repoire with them that is unreplicatable).

(it was in tongue in cheek, I would want the same experience but it is wishful thinking, isn't it?)

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you've found a place that does a good job for you at a reasonable price!

I'm not even sure if the big new Walmart that was built near my work has an auto center. If it does, I might be tempted to try them given the very good prices WM has on some high quality tires these days. That said, I've been going to an indy shop that I trust for many years and they would get the first shot at getting close to the WM prices.

Last edited:
Glad you had a good experience at the WM TLE Ed. You're right, in my observation WM frequently takes a beating here (bitog) so it's good to read of your positive experiences.

Thanks for posting.

I can look at Walmart tire price on the internet . Do they have a standard price per tire for mounting & balancing tires ? Anyone know what that might be ?

Our little Chevy Sonic is going to need tires by winter .

On another subject , but about Walmart automotive . Couple of years ago I had Walmart replace the battery on the company Silverado I drive . The lady doing it removed the positive terminal / cable first . Almost more than I could stand , not to tell her to remove the negative terminal / cable first . For safety reasons .

Thanks ,

$12 per tire for mounting, LifeTime rotation & balancing plus new valve stems for tires bought at WalMarts. If you bring tire purchased elsewhere the charge is $22. Ed

Prices for mount and balance will vary by location. When I carried in my discount tire direct wheels and OEM TPM sensors to have WalMart Douglas brand tires mounted on them, they charged me $9/ea for the mount and balance, and $2.50/wheel for a NY State tire tax. This price does not include lifetime rotations (that's extra), but it does include lifetime balancing. They did a great job IMO. I would use them again. For buying tires at Walmart, just be sure to check the tire price online first. They tried to sell me my Douglas tires @ $69/ea when they were listed at $59 online. Got'em for $59.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back