VIRGIN FRAM TG 3976A CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening folks
smile.gif

So, over the weekend at my Wal Mart; Tough Guards are being "clearanced". This filter was $1!

Why not cut it open to show FRAM DOES use louvers and string around media
wink.gif

Enjoy the pics also

Crazy looking! Did certain Frams use louvers while others had the round holes? The Frams for both my Nissan and Honda have the round holes. The Fram TG for my Honda looks really cheaply made though. I opened the box to one the other day just to see what it looked like and the ADBV looked really sloppy. It hung down really low and just looked crooked and slapped together. Next oil change I'll either use another Honda OEM or an M1-110. I also like the heavy weight of the Honda OEM and M1-110 over the Fram TG.

Curious,what's better. Louvers or round holes? Or does it even have any significance?

Originally Posted By: gotnogunk
I guess they need to add the glue and trash to jump start the filter.

Yeah, kinda sloppy glue job

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Crazy looking! Did certain Frams use louvers while others had the round holes? The Frams for both my Nissan and Honda have the round holes. The Fram TG for my Honda looks really cheaply made though. I opened the box to one the other day just to see what it looked like and the ADBV looked really sloppy. It hung down really low and just looked slapped together. Next oil change I'll either use another Honda OEM or an M1-110. I also like the heavy weight of the Honda OEM and M1-110 over the Fram TG.

Curious,what's better. Louvers or round holes? Or does it even have any significance?

This filter is for diesel pickups I'm guessing. No ADBV valve either.

Hmm. Louvers are nicely open, media is straight, end caps appeared to be glued to the media AND NO HOLES is the media or glue joints. Not the greatest but, a decent filter for the money IMO. Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Hmm. Louvers are nicely open, media is straight, end caps appeared to be glued to the media AND NO HOLES is the media or glue joints. Not the greatest but, a decent filter for the money IMO. Ed

Yeah, I had not cut open a virgin filter like this so for $1 why not share my findings
smile.gif
08.gif
34.gif
10.gif

This Toughguard looks nothing like the TG2 that I used. This one reminds me of Purolator construction methods complete with wide pleat spaces. I will see if I have the last TG2 I used.

Thanks for the cut & post.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Looks Frampion to me; louvers, button style BPV, date code placement & formatting. Built Feb. 28, 2016?

August 16, 2016. Julian date format.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

NO DIFFERENCE.

The louvers are smaller, but there's 4X as many

Originally Posted By: Linctex
The louvers are smaller, but there's 4X as many

That's kind've what I was thinking,thanks!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Looks Frampion to me; louvers, button style BPV, date code placement & formatting. Built Feb. 28, 2016?

Sorry, there is no bypass in these filters, just like the ol' PF35 used on Chevys.

Yes, this is for a Dodge Cummins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back