Anyone ever use RMI-25?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our car club members swears by this stuff. He's been using it since 1989 in every vehicle he owns. He is a chemical engineer and I've learned to trust his judgement with regards to lubricants and other chemicals. I recently added some to the radiator on my 51 Chevy pickup and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Just curious if anyone here has any experience with it.

www.rmi25.com

*I am in no way affiliated with this company.

I have used this product for about 10 years now in both new and used vehicles. I can honestly say that it works! In the used vehicles, the "clean up" is visual as I can notice the difference after adding RMI25. It takes some time to work, but I can say that I think it does.

I started a similar thread several years ago but a different product, a coolant additive called No-Rosion. I've used the No-Rosion for years and cooling systems are spotless. The RMI-25 sounds similar. Coolant additives aren't very popular here it seems.

Last edited:
I read about it here when my 2012 Mazda was new. I've been adding 4oz to the coolant every 15,000 miles and I never plan to change it. Call it an experiment. There was nothing to clean so I am using it for the SCA characteristics.

"After a period of time the dissolved solids will purge out of the system and into the coolant recovery tank."

So....... if you use RMI-25, you'd have to occasionally remove the recovery tank to clean out all the slime?

I guess beginning the use of RMI-25 when the car was new resulted in there being nothing to clean out. My car has a pressurized tank which isn't technically a "recovery" tank. The plastic hasn't even darkened in 80,000 miles. As I stated, my experiment will be never changing the coolant on this car - oh, the HORROR.

I have bought my last two bottles from sellers on eBay. This was a reminder to get another bottle. Total cost, $13.95 for an 8oz bottle. You basically use 2oz per gallon of coolant. I've seen other forums in which people say they use RMI-25 with distilled water in place of any coolant. I won't go that far.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I have bought my last two bottles from sellers on eBay. This was a reminder to get another bottle. Total cost, $13.95 for an 8oz bottle. You basically use 2oz per gallon of coolant. I've seen other forums in which people say they use RMI-25 with distilled water in place of any coolant. I won't go that far.

The gentleman who turned me on to this product uses it with distilled water as do several other members of our club. We're in south Georgia where freezing isn't a concern and they all claim that they see better running temps from distilled water than they do with a coolant mixture.

I'm more concerned about corrosion without the coolant than anything else.

^I think my car is pretty easy on coolant. Mazda's friction reduction efforts on the "Skyactiv" engine also paid dividends with operating temperatures. The FL22 coolant from the factory is supposed to be good for 122,000 miles (weird number, right?). That's why, with the regular use of RMI-25 I don't plan to change the coolant. I have seen a number of people on BITOG state that plain water is better for heat removal than coolant, but of course, we use coolant to prevent other things.

I have to say that I'm impressed with the restraint shown by BITOGers in this thread. I kept repeating that I was never going to change my coolant and no one chimed in about premature engine demise. Awesome, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back