alternative to Toyota #35178-30010 AT drain gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to do a 30k maintainence on my 2013 Tacoma automatic 4x4 truck and went to the dealer for all necessary replacement gaskets transmission,transfer case,differentials which rang up quite a bill with 4 quarts of T-IV fluid. the most surprising to me was the cost of the auto trans drain plug gasket at $5.00 plus tax use once only crushable washer, I searched the internet all day for a alternative but no dice, some folks say reuse the old gasket again. has anyone found or used a serviceable gasket to replace using the Toyota #35178-30010 crushable washer at a lower cost?

Last edited:
Mark Automotive makes a compatible gasket. According to WP, list price on that gasket from Toyota should only be $2.59.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Mark Automotive makes a compatible gasket. According to WP, list price on that gasket from Toyota should only be $2.59.
mark automotive lists 2 gaskets that look like they will work unfortunately I cannot figure out how to order from them and they list no prices
21.gif
$2.59 are prices listed by online stores but add on another $10 shipping for most on them. I found this on EBAY best price ive found was $3.57 shipped probably go this route.

Last edited:
Your 2013 still calls for T-IV and not WS? Or you use it instead of WS?

Go to Napa and ask. They will have a compatible one. I get the one for our Lexus there for like $1.80. You can also buy them in 10 packs/bulk on Ebay, etc. for not a lot more than the dealer cost of two of them.

I bought 4 or 5 to have on hand a few years ago and they were I few bucks a piece at the dealer from what I remember. I tried reusing the one on my sienna and it leaked a bit. the old washers seem to get well crushed the first time the are torqued down from the factory.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
Your 2013 still calls for T-IV and not WS? Or you use it instead of WS?

Go to Napa and ask. They will have a compatible one. I get the one for our Lexus there for like $1.80. You can also buy them in 10 packs/bulk on Ebay, etc. for not a lot more than the dealer cost of two of them.
mine takes the T-IV and pan drain uses 4 quarts and I generally do it every 30k miles. yes i seen some bulk sellers of the gasket on amazon for $12.50 for 10 count with free shipping, I just ordered 1 from ebay $3.57 shipped OEM Toyota. next time im going bulk

Originally Posted By: 5AcresAndAFool
I bought 4 or 5 to have on hand a few years ago and they were I few bucks a piece at the dealer from what I remember. I tried reusing the one on my sienna and it leaked a bit. the old washers seem to get well crushed the first time the are torqued down from the factory.
thanx for that info I was going to try to re use the old gasket not worth the headache if it starts to leak on me tho. it seems Toyota once was using a standard washer on the drain bolt pre 2002 trucks and started there after using the crush one time use washer after people started stripping the threads using too much torque, with crush you apply 15ft/pds. preload on it and it wont by accident strip the threads which is very easy to do on these pans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back