Quick Question on Napa UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Does the Napa oil analysis kit #4077 also contain TBN? Cannot find that info anywhere. Thanks in advance.

If the kits are sent to ALS, then they include TBN.

Past kits I have purchased there with that part number were ALS.

Part # is FIL 4077. Don't see ALS anywhere on Napa.com. Will do some more digging. Thanks.

Yes the NAPA kit goes to an ALS tribology lab and does include TBN. The kits I've purchased all had multiple mailing labels inside, letting you choose the location to send the sample.

I assumed you had one on hand, sorry.

All of the 4077 Napa kits that I have purchased are sent to ALS labs, and they include TBN. Probably safe to assume its still that way. Most recent one was less than a year ago.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Oh, ok. Thanks dustyroads. Take care.

thumbsup2.gif

Edit- I don't just stick a label on the bottle and mail. I pay the extra and use a priority mail envelope and track it's progress. It adds to the cost but it's worth it to me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dustyroads
Yes the NAPA kit goes to an ALS tribology lab and does include TBN. The kits I've purchased all had multiple mailing labels inside, letting you choose the location to send the sample.

I mailed mine to the Atlanta lab and it took quite a while to post the results....next time I'll try mailing to the Ohio lab.....and yes, it does give TBN...

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: dustyroads

I mailed mine to the Atlanta lab and it took quite a while to post the results....next time I'll try mailing to the Ohio lab.....and yes, it does give TBN...

Last year I sent a couple samples to the Cleveland, Ohio lab because it's not too far away and thought it would get me quick results. My samples were delivered the second day, but didn't get the reports for nearly two weeks. The Cleveland lab apparently forwarded my samples to Georgia because the report gave the lab tech's name and a location of Atlanta. So now I just mail mine to Atlanta and get a report within 5 business days of drop off. At least the last few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back