Where do the batteries come from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know where Ford batteries come from. $50k SUV - 2-1/2 years old - 36,004 miles - (no warning- failed) wife stuck 2 hours from home - Ford dealer said past 36k ... paid a wrecker to jump start and went to Walmart for battery.

The battery store
grin.gif

The southwest has been getting cooked this year. I have a van and camper with batteries untended in Mission Tx and suspect that they will toast by the time I get back in October. Will bring a battery down from my scrapped 07 HHR that's still testing good.
Glad I have a cheap insurance rider for tow, jump, lockout and tire changes

Originally Posted By: 4WD
I just want to know where Ford batteries come from. $50k SUV - 2-1/2 years old - 36,004 miles - (no warning- failed) wife stuck 2 hours from home - Ford dealer said past 36k ... paid a wrecker to jump start and went to Walmart for battery.

Walmart batteries are pretty good.

Originally Posted By: stower17
The battery store
grin.gif

That's the most intelligent answer so far!!! Very funny!!
thankyou2.gif

Last edited:
The rare earth metals for magnets for wind generators is just as scary. There was a good news piece showing Chinese workers stirring huge tanks of sludge wearing simple air filter masks.

Originally Posted By: stower17
The battery store
grin.gif

Don't you know anything?
Unicorn rainbows which evolved from fluffy dinosaurs,
hence "dinosaurs sludge/sauce"... you mix all the colors you get the brown-gray-black sludge, yep sirry

Now the clean-up it will be done by oompah-loopas who-who needed to re-qualify since Charlie decided to retire in Switzerland.

Last edited:

So little known fact, it is 36K from the mileage at initial sale. I bought my Mustang that had 292 miles on it so the 3/36 warranty actually went to 36,292. It is written on the sales contract and on an OASIS report.

O an Johnson Controls makes the Motorcraft batteries, Sanyo makes the Ford hybrid batteries.

I bet if you called Ford corporate and complained they would have good willed a battery.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

I bet if you called Ford corporate and complained they would have good willed a battery.

By the time that they finished prorating it, he would have been better off doing what he did.
Ask me how I know.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Big holes in the ground and ponds of leachate and chemicals

Right... and there's nothing wrong with petrochemical processing and refining...

Not sure if you read the article. The writer isn't saying that we must stop manufacturing lithium-ion batteries to save the planet, or something like that. He does, however, point out that there are costs, consequences, and concerns associated with the manufacture of these batteries. Yes, he points out that some related processes cause local pollution. He also points out that the supply chain(s) may be somewhat tenuous. I don't see any of the modern environmental hysteria we're often deluged with.

Unlike the oil that gets burned up in ICE engines, almost all of the battery materials in electric cars get recycled ad infinitum.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Big holes in the ground and ponds of leachate and chemicals

Right... and there's nothing wrong with petrochemical processing and refining...

Where did I say that ?

If certain groups are going to claim "environmental devastation" around their evil energy source of choice, they need to acknowledge that their preference does exactly the same sort of stuff, just in different places ?

Level playing field...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back