Grease Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me when the Chinese took over the DOM tube industry.... 35 thousands ID run out over 18" of premium DOM tubing.
This time I have purchased three brands of grease guns and not one fits the zerks on anything I have.
I returned one and they sent me another and it didn't fit. Lucky me I have a grease gun from the 70's and it fits everything.

I went to Amazon and read several reviews and it seems like a good grease gun is a rarity today.

Look up Macnaught K32 FLEXIGUN. This is a great 10,000 psi grease gun but the company that sold them in the US stopped carrying them at $40 so now you have to scour ebay and amazon.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Look up Macnaught K32 FLEXIGUN. This is a great 10,000 psi grease gun but the company that sold them in the US stopped carrying them at $40 so now you have to scour ebay and amazon.

Thank you! I'll look up one now!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely the MacNaught! I did a bunch of research here a few years ago when looking for a grease gun and never been disappointed with this one.

Hmmm. Is that why I have a hard time forcing the gun on to my zerks? So far I've been able to grease everything but it's a fistfight. I bought my first grease gun and I got it from the parts store. It was like $30. I've no frame of reference whether it's [censored] or not. They could all he like that for all I know.

Hate to state the obvious, but you are loosening the collar on the tip right? If you have that tightened all the way down, it'll never fit over a zerk.

They seem to be around $100 now
I'll keep my eye out
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: NYSteve
Absolutely the MacNaught! I did a bunch of research here a few years ago when looking for a grease gun and never been disappointed with this one.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I have two Linclon grease guns that are well made and very good.

Thanks- I ordered one of both-Lincoln and the McNaught!

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Hate to state the obvious, but you are loosening the collar on the tip right? If you have that tightened all the way down, it'll never fit over a zerk.

Thanks- the parts are poorly machined on all the guns and I assume castings in that area- really bad as I looked at them today. Plus they all leak and are just junk- my fault
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I have two Linclon grease guns that are well made and very good.

Thanks- I ordered one of both-Lincoln and the McNaught!

Nice! I can't speak about the McNaught, this is the first time I heard of them. The Linclon grease guns have been very good. I have the lever and the pistol grip guns, I prefer the pistol grip.

Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3
Alemite 555 and a lock 'n lube coupler...

Thanks
I seen them the other day but didn't know much about them.

I use an old swiss made stainless Wanner pistol grip gun.

The tip is at least as good as the LockNLube.

Originally Posted By: Trav

That gun looks like the OTC 2304 Professional Pistol Grease Gun, and the heads on both of them look like the Lincoln 1134. I think all three are related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back