Flat earthers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCD

Okay so i already thought there cannot be anyone more stupid than Anti-Vaxxers, but apparently some people genuinely believe the erath is flat
shocked2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayjn4CA_kxc

There was a rash of current and former NBAers coming out as flat earthers some months ago, I think a couple of them later claimed they were trolling but who knows.
It is funny when people who become wealthy and famous because they are good at throwing a ball, singing a song they didn't write, or making absolute fools of themselves on TV decide that they should try to lecture the world about things their uneducated brains can't possibly comprehend.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I thought the Earth was hollow and aliens lived inside.

That's exactly how it is.

H.G. Wells told the truth about that in 1895. But did anybody listen to him? No! It's a c.o.n.s.p.i.r.a.c.y...

The scary thing is, the stupid people were always there. The internet just gives them a platform to stand out and find other like minded fools. The flat-earth thinking is out there. Along with dinosaurs not existing, global warming not being real, vaccines cause disease, and the easter bunny is real.

The crazy thing is those same people will use cell phones and computers. Things created by science. But when science says something they dont agree with, its the science thats wrong not them.

The Earth is indeed flat. I challenge anyone to prove one bit of curvature. Fake computer-generated images from NASA do not count. They are known liars and hoaxers. Imagine your favorite action or science fiction movie that is produced with a 100 million dollar budget. Now just think what NASA can do with 20 Billion dollars a year. If we live on a spinning ball, hurdling through space at 67,000 miles per hour, spinning on its axis at 1,000 miles per hour there should be measurable curvature of 8 inches per mile squared. So many examples of things that can be seen that should not be possible, they should be hidden behind the curvature of the earth if the Earth was actually a ball. (Islands, cities, lighthouses) Ships do not disappear over the horizon. They get smaller and smaller due to perspective. When you think a ship has disappeared, just use a zoom camera or telescope and you can bring the entire ship right back into view. Hull and all. Same with the Sun.. you can search Flat Earth sunset on YouTube and see the sun just get smaller and smaller as it goes off in the distance, not setting below the horizon. Earth curvature is always faked with a fisheye lens on the camera. When normal cameras are sent up 20 miles in the sky, you see a dead flat Horizon that always rises to eye level. Please people, break free from the mind control and indoctrination.

Originally Posted By: AndyinAL
The Earth is indeed flat. I challenge anyone to prove one bit of curvature. Fake computer-generated images from NASA do not count. They are known liars and hoaxers. Imagine your favorite action or science fiction movie that is produced with a 100 million dollar budget. Now just think what NASA can do with 20 Billion dollars a year. If we live on a spinning ball, hurdling through space at 67,000 miles per hour, spinning on its axis at 1,000 miles per hour there should be measurable curvature of 8 inches per mile squared. So many examples of things that can be seen that should not be possible, they should be hidden behind the curvature of the earth if the Earth was actually a ball. (Islands, cities, lighthouses) Ships do not disappear over the horizon. They get smaller and smaller due to perspective. When you think a ship has disappeared, just use a zoom camera or telescope and you can bring the entire ship right back into view. Hull and all. Same with the Sun.. you can search Flat Earth sunset on YouTube and see the sun just get smaller and smaller as it goes off in the distance, not setting below the horizon. Earth curvature is always faked with a fisheye lens on the camera. When normal cameras are sent up 20 miles in the sky, you see a dead flat Horizon that always rises to eye level. Please people, break free from the mind control and indoctrination.

And the disk is sitting atop four elephants atop a giant turtle...and it's turtles all the way down from there.

Not sure if serious but I like the passion.

It's because people are simple. When some one of simple mind cannot understand the physics or science behind a concept they make up their own reasoning. "The earth is flat because I look with my eyeballs and it looks flat" makes sense to someone who cannot understand or comprehend the science and physics behind what makes the earth an oblate spheriod.

Look at mythology. People didn't understand how things worked and so they made up rudimentary explanations for every day things. Very similar.

Aww, how adorable!

The reason you're not allowed to go to the interior of Antarctica is because that's where the edge is. Vast international conspiracy. See, Antarctica is actually circular, surrounding what we call the Earth. Also, there's no actual gravity, we're just continually accelerating upwards. I know this from YouTube videos that "prove" all of it.

As expected, no one has proven any curvature. And you do not have to be accelerating upwards for there to be differentials in density. Of course things with greater density are going to fall from things with less density, like air

Originally Posted By: Shannow

And the disk is sitting atop four elephants atop a giant turtle...and it's turtles all the way down from there.

I remembering hearing a joke based on this by Dave Allen when I was a kid...that drunken sot had a pretty funny show.

The flat earthers in modern times (say last 20 or so years) was/is an exercise in debate.
IE: They want to debate you on ridiculous premises to the point of immense frustration.
Unfortunately in the process I think they have convinced stupid, gullible people and/or conspiracy theorists.
It's a waste of time...don't go there.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
There was a rash of current and former NBAers coming out as flat earthers some months ago, I think a couple of them later claimed they were trolling but who knows.
It is funny when people who become wealthy and famous because they are good at throwing a ball, singing a song they didn't write, or making absolute fools of themselves on TV decide that they should try to lecture the world about things their uneducated brains can't possibly comprehend.
More than a few art history majors pontificating on the finer points of "global warming".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back