2018 VW Tiguan and its 6 Year 72k warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you get a bigger MQB platform, 2.0T, 8 sp auto, and a transferable 6 year 72k mile bumper to bumper warranty. Pretty compelling package for 25-35k or so.

Now i hated the old Tiguan; drove one as a loaner from VW while they worked on my Golf Sportwagen. This new Tig will utilize all the great chassis tech from the Golf but obviously stretched to that American midsize range.

$27545 for the S 4 motion. If they get big discounts like other VWs that would be very tempting.

Why this vs other SUV? Well, its not CVT, and big torque at 1600 rpm from an 11.7:1 DI turbo. It's under 3900lbs.

I like the typical conservative VW styling it has. Much better looking than the CRV imo it competes against.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Some people think VW styling is too boring.

Considering all of their vehicles look the same, though can be said for many other brands.

Then they can go get a current Lexus SUV with its crazy distorted lines for no reason other than "style"

If they can't afford that then a nice new Prius with its psychotic tail lights should do the trick.

Originally Posted By: dareo

Then they can go get a current Lexus SUV with its crazy distorted lines for no reason other than "style"

If they can't afford that then a nice new Prius with its psychotic tail lights should do the trick.

I have driven the new RX hybrid, and though I agree with why most purchase, the what is surprising. The thing drives so well in ice and snow (on simple AS tires), I would take it racing. And I tested everything, and drove it like the rental it was. All I could say after the driving experience was wow. The one I have is ok for what it is, but the new uglyfied RX is a dream when it comes to driving it. It reminded me of my old E39 on dry pavement. Even on solid ice coming down a grade when the rest of everyone was sliding all over. I am ashamed to admit it does better than my jeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back