Pennzoil Platinum High Milage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't found one yet. Was looking for Edge HM VOA/UOA as well. I may do Edge HM on the Santa FE next OCI and post results.

Originally Posted By: Mathew_Boss
Originally Posted By: bradtech
Haven't found one yet. Was looking for Edge HM VOA/UOA as well. I may do Edge HM on the Santa FE next OCI and post results.

Edge HM: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4115664/Castrol_Edge_High_Mileage_10W-

Detergents lookd Steller as long as your not using it in a DI engine!

Perfectly fine for a DI engine. That level of CA has not been proven to be high to cause issues for LSPI, unless someone can provide a link with data and prove me wrong. Castrol Edge was one of the best performing oils in the TEOST.

the Edge HM wouldn't be used in DI as of now. Would be getting in a 2.7L 08 Santa Fe. I do run Castrol Edge 5w20 in my DI/GDI 1.6L Hyundai Accent though. What is the concern with Direct Injection & Castrol Edge oils?

Edge HM: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4115664/Castrol_Edge_High_Mileage_10W-

Last edited:
If he is referring to the calcium. Looking at a Pennzoil Plat VOA that has 2576, QSUD with 2453. I thought most oils have 2000-3000 calcium? The Edge HM VOA linked up I thought was really impressive with the 3k calcium & 370 boron. Unless there is such a thing as "overdosing" on calcium, and, and boron. Moly levels look good at 75. I thought the only other oil close to 370 boron would be quaker state at around 200. Made me want to dump the GTX HM with 100 miles on it and put Edge HM in lol.

Originally Posted By: volk06

Perfectly fine for a DI engine. That level of CA has not been proven to be high to cause issues for LSPI, unless someone can provide a link with data and prove me wrong. Castrol Edge was one of the best performing oils in the TEOST.

If he is referring to the calcium. Looking at a Pennzoil Plat VOA that has 2576, QSUD with 2453. I thought most oils have 2000-3000 calcium? The Edge HM VOA linked up I thought was really impressive with the 3k calcium & 370 boron. Unless there is such a thing as "overdosing" on calcium, and, and boron. Moly levels look good at 75. I thought the only other oil close to 370 boron would be quaker state at around 200. Made me want to dump the GTX HM with 100 miles on it and put Edge HM in lol.

Originally Posted By: volk06

It's got about the same CA as Amsoil and they have posted at least 2 articles saying how they were reformulating all their oils to meet dexos1 gen2

Last edited:

[/quote]

It's got about the same CA as Amsoil and they have posted at least 2 articles saying how they were reformulating all their oils to meet dexos1 gen2

That doesn't indicate that CA level is the issue, only peoples assumptions is that it is. Theres a lot of things in an oil that you can't see and wont show up on a VOA/UOA.

Will be curious to see how this shakes out since some Edge HM varieties meet the Dexos gen 1 spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back