06 lucerne 3,8

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a p300 code misfire on multiple clynders, car was running rough wanting to stall....replaced all three coil packs and a new ignition module....started car and it was still running rough and sluggish waited a few minutes then took it for a drive, starting running better, then nice and smooth.. But one weird thing happened after about a three miles drive, stopped at a light and when I went to go, it just stalled right out...had to pull over it just died...put it in park and it started right back up and I drove it home , idled it for another 10 min, drove another mile and it seemed fine...what does anyone think why it just died like that. ??

Last edited:
i actually installed the parts, then before starting cleared the codes, then started it...after it just stopped, no other codes presented..

There's shraeder valve right on the fuel rail for hooking up your fuel pressure gauge; see what your fuel pressure is; should be from 40 to 60 psi. If your fuel pressure is good and your spark is good, turn your attention to the crank sensor.

Originally Posted By: lucerne06
got a p300 code misfire on multiple clynders, car was running rough wanting to stall....replaced all three coil packs and a new ignition module....started car and it was still running rough and sluggish waited a few minutes then took it for a drive, starting running better, then nice and smooth.. But one weird thing happened after about a three miles drive, stopped at a light and when I went to go, it just stalled right out...had to pull over it just died...put it in park and it started right back up and I drove it home , idled it for another 10 min, drove another mile and it seemed fine...what does anyone think why it just died like that. ??

Probably because you didn't fix the problem.Happens frequently when one guesses at a problem instead of diagnosing it.

Last edited:
Could be a fuel pump on it's way out. Do as Merkava suggested above. Don't let it run low on fuel as that will kill a weak pump. Don't fill it up either as it's a lot to drain if you have to end up replacing the pump.

did find one thing today, my coolant resivor tank was about two inches low from its normal spot, I also found indications of coolant leaking from the gasket next to the alternator, same color as my coolant...thinking head gasket...no white smoke, no milky white in oil , no film in coolant resivror..???

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lucerne06
did find one thing today, my coolant resivor tank was about two inches low from its normal spot, I also found indications of coolant leaking from the gasket next to the alternator, same color as my coolant...thinking head gasket...no white smoke, no milky white in oil , no film in coolant resivror..???

intake manifold gaskets. very common on GM V6

If you are loosing coolant , also inspect the 2 plastic coolant elbows , between the engine & the serpentine belt tensioner . From there , the coolant goes to the 2 heater hoses .

Do a youtube search .

As far as the fuel pump relay under the rear seat , Eric O. - South Main Auto , has a good youtube video .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back