Looking for a reliable van/wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am looking at replacing my vw golf with a larger van/wagon. I need something that can seat four people and two large dogs. I plan on using it for daily short trips and the weekend camping or hiking outings. No suv's since the step in height will be an issue for my dogs. Any suggestions? My budget is under $4000, looking at 150k or less miles.

Thanks!

My sienna is amazing and is the only vehicle my GSD service animal can seem to get into without help. I have the limited awd top of the line model and it is just beautiful...even with 278k miles on her. Seriously get one...apparently they first had it designed by lexus but they dropped that idea so all the cool tech is in the sienna. I have dynamic cruise crontrol, the best back up cam Ive ever had, and a pretty nice gps unit...all stock on a 04.

The only issue with these vans is the power sliding doors tend to fail and you have to manually open it. Also being a transvered engine with a large cowel it makes the rear spark plugs hard to do....but they are rated by toyota as good for 120k miles so there is that.

MPG could be better...but I have the awd model with the 3.3 the power is amazing too....

We have a 2010 Sienna as well. It's a good car, and has been for the past 140k miles. However, you may be hard pressed to find one with under 150k for under 4,000 dollars. If you end up finding one, it should serve you well.

If you get a senna look for the vvt-i rattle on startup. The engine must be cold then start it and listen for the first 2seconds after it starts running. Mine started ad a mild rattle thin progressively go worse. You can lookup 2grfe startup noise vvti on youtube and see the problem.

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
If you get a senna look for the vvt-i rattle on startup. The engine must be cold then start it and listen for the first 2seconds after it starts running. Mine started ad a mild rattle thin progressively go worse. You can lookup 2grfe startup noise vvti on youtube and see the problem.

Mine with 275k miles doesnt have this issue as far as I am aware of....

Also I just saw your mileage and cost requirement. A first gen sienna has less power and not as nice but for 4k you could get one with 150k miles.

mazda5
ford focus wagon
ford taurus wagon
ford freestyle
suzuki forenza wagon (actually a daewoo leganza wagon with a holden engine)
dodge caravan/t&c

just check your local craigslist for "wagon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back