Your Experience with Pirelli P4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the experience with Pirelli P4, good price a Sam's, I have 2012 Fusion 225/50-17 seems to wear tires out quickly,have checked out frontend all seems normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably your Fusion's particular alignment specification why you're wearing tires quickly along with the size. It could be aggressive camber???

I have had the Pirelli P4 and love them. Although, I had them on an '04 Altima 2.5S,(205-65-16) and they wore like iron till I sold the car.

I loved the P4's in normal driving as well as foul weather driving. Great hydroplaning resistance, highway tracking, ride quality, cornering, smooth & quiet. Not a high performance tires but did its job nicely in my experience.

May have been the best tire I ever owned. They even went through our Rochester/Buffalo/Niagara Falls winters without issues.

Had them on my 300 before I sold it. Great tires that ran quiet. Wear was very good as I had about 45,000 on them when I traded and they still had plenty of life left. I ran mine at 34 psi.

best tires i ever bought for my neon. they even had reviews from folks in Mi, that never felt they needed to swap them out for snow tires.

in fact, if Pirelli hadn't sold out to a Chinese chemical conglomerate, they would still be my go to tires/tire company.

I loved them on my '99 Regal from some time ago.. I put over 90,000 on them and sold the car (with the well worn tires..)

Really Good on the 2005 AWD Rav4 bad on the Toyota yaris. So Size and rating dependent.

In the [ast 15 years:

Most fun tire I bought was Falken Ziex in a 50 series for a Suzuki AerioSX Not long wearing, but stellar handling and response.

I will Some chassis are toast from the factory and nothing can be done with them - like my Nissan below. 17K from a set of OE Continentals MAX. I got Long life Firestone Destination Le2 215-70R16 "truck" tire on the front now ( since winter last season) and they are 1/2 worn down in 8 months. They also ride like garbage with poor impact harshness. Decent rain and snow traction. Roll 1/2 decent. That's about it.

Oh, had some replacement NEXEN CP 671 on a Subaru Forester. Not good in any way.

Isn't the P4 an old tire? They have since been replaced by the Cinturato P7. What tires do you have on now? How many miles have you gotten out of them?

Pirelli also has the Cinturato P1 Plus, which you may like.

Another good option is the Michelin Primacy HP

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Isn't the P4 an old tire? They have since been replaced by the Cinturato P7. What tires do you have on now? How many miles have you gotten out of them?

Pirelli also has the Cinturato P1 Plus, which you may like.

Another good option is the Michelin Primacy HP

Yes & No!

YES, the P4 is an older "TREAD" design that has been updated to be more ECO Friendly in terms of low(er) rolling resistance and is now called the P4 "PLUS". However, IDK if they're labeled as an LRR tire.

NO, the Cinturato P7 A/S+ have not replaced the P4's. The P7 is a model in addition to the lineup of Pirelli tires. My daughter has the P7's on the Mazda3 in my signature and are a good tire as well.

@Char Baby, ok, thank you for the calrification
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back