Have anyone ever used valvoline synpower 10w40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and have a good time
I'm a new user and this is my first question
I am using castrol edge 5w40 in my car and my car is burning little bit oil.
In old days i've using total 7000 10w40 semi synthetic and i remember when i switched to total 9000 5w40 full synthetic i saw my engine oil consumption increased as well.
in my opinion my engine dont like full synthetics and i want to switch back to semi synthetic again
what i saw here some semi-synthetic oils UOA perfroms better than full synthetics,is it true?
i have searched this forum many many times and i saw nothing about valvoline synpower 10w40 (pay attention:synpower 10w40, not durablend or maxlife)
I think synpower (except VR1) is highest grade in valvoline brand (if it's wrong please tell me)
so i wanna ask you guys:
Is this a good semi synthetic oil?
If you are able to choose between durablend 10w40 or synpower 10w40,which one is your first choise?
At the end,sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance
Cheers
Arvin

Originally Posted By: kschachn
What matters most is what required specifications does your owner's manual give for the oil?

Thank's for your answer
My owner manuals says 10w40 and 5w40 is okay.
But i remember that my engine worked better with semi synthetic and my engine using less oil with semi synthetics
This is second time that i saw an engine become softer,less oil consomption and even colder with semi synthetics and i wonder how could this happen!?
For these reasons i want to use valvoline synpower 10w40 and want somebody helps me about this engine oil

No, I meant specifications not grade. For example if it is a BMW then it would be LL-01 or something like that. Grade is somewhat secondary to any required specifications. Some specifications cannot be met with conventional oils, that is why I am asking.

Arvin,

Welcome to the forum good mate! So nice to have you here.
welcome2.gif

Probably go with a 15w40 oil if you want to stop oil consumption. Diesel oil is very resistant to burn off.
What kind of car is this?
People think 10w40 is like dumping concrete in your engine over here, nice to see across the pond it's still in use.

Nothing wrong at all with Synpower. The synthetic blend would work fine for you. Why not try the Valvoline Syn blend with Maxlife? You seem to have shunned it in your first post. That could help with the oil consumption.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
Maxlife in the red bottle is semi synthetic. SynPower is full synthetic.

Rotella t4 15w-40 is worth a try.

Try M1 HM 10w-40

Neither Rotella or M1 HM are sold in France...

Originally Posted By: arvin_amarth
i have searched this forum many many times and i saw nothing about valvoline synpower 10w40

I didn't even know Valvoline made a Synpower 10W-40. We have the 5W-40 over here.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: arvin_amarth
i have searched this forum many many times and i saw nothing about valvoline synpower 10w40

I didn't even know Valvoline made a Synpower 10W-40. We have the 5W-40 over here.

Yup, looks like it's an ACEA A3/B4, which you'll rarely/never see in a 10W-40 grade here in the US.

Given the option, I'd probably use the Synpower over the Durablend, but if the engine burns a lot of oil and you keep it topped up, the less expensive oil may be the better choice.
Also noteable is that according to Valvoline, the Durablend product line has been retired in Europe.

Hello new member from France,

What engine do you propose to use this oil in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back