2016 Challenger R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just bought a used Challenger Shaker R/T. Saw it on auto trader and couldn't resist. My favorite color (B5 blue) and the shaker hood with a six speed manual tranny and 7,500 miles. Unbelievably, it got 26 mpg on a road trip to WV on 89 octane with a little stop and go mixed in. It gets virtually the same mileage as my 2010 V-6 with the 5 speed automatic.

That's a great car. I looked at Challengers when I was shopping for a new DD/track toy back in 2015.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
That's a great car. I looked at Challengers when I was shopping for a new DD/track toy back in 2015.

This has the "super track pack" with the 1/2" lower suspension, optional brake pads, etc. It really handles well for something its size. I would say on par with my wife's 2010 Mustang GT.

Awesome car! I love the shaker models of the challenger. Also sweet is that the trans is the TR6060

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a 2009 Hemi orange one I bought new
I used 87 in my RT and got great gas mileage as well.
Loved the car but when they first came out they brought on too much negative attention
Every middle aged drunk stopped and talked to you about them... lol
Enjoy it!!!!!!!!

Wow, FCA just keeps making those things. I see new cop cars on that body, and see new ones with consumers all the time. That design has legs!
Anybody know when it will cease production? 300/Charger/Magnum on the platform was a Mercedies (Dieter Zetsche) creation, then Challenger came along a couple of years later. Thats 13 model years now.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Are you still going to sell the 00 Mustang GT? I remember you mentioning fixing it up.

Yes, I use it to run around town and haul the dogs.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
[ It really handles well for something its size.

Yeah "size" is the word, they are whales, deal killer for me despite the fantastic drivetrain.

The original Challengers were really low slung and tough looking even with a lowly two-barrel 318 under the hood.

^^^ Yeah I can see that as the Mustangs are obviously lighter and handle really well. I'm a big guy (250+# and 6'6") and can really use the extra size of the larger car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back