What does everyone think about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder if there isn't some complicity in these high auto theft areas.

So no, this doesn't surprise me so much.

Got to feed the beast somehow. Beast ain't gonna feed itself. When I was growing up, my schools didn't need any freakin' law enforcement presence. Or ID cards.

Quote:
The school district has 90 days to respond to the grand jury’s findings and recommendations.

Much too generous. If I had any say, it would be you have 90 minutes to arrange the return of all missing vehicles. They need to be back in the owners hands by the end of the day.

My guess is that somebody in the 'school police' (maybe Chief Cesar Molina) has a friend at that 'tow company' and they thought they could make a quick buck without getting caught....Somebody (or bodies) need to go to JAIL...

Towing and impounding tends to be less stand-up than your average red-light district or crack house.

Here in South Florida, Miami had to pay out millions and millions because they were impounding cars during misdemeanor arrests. They could only do that during felony arrests. For misdemeanor arrests, they were only supposed to tow a car if there was no reasonable alternative.

Laws have since changed, and the towing laws are more tightly regulated, but every so often, stuff pops up.

One tow company down here was ordered to immediately release hundreds of cars for free after they conducted predatory towing. They staked out a mall on a major holiday and towed cars that were parked at businesses in the mall that were not being shopped by the drivers of the vehicles. Thing is, they are not allowed to do this unless the business hosting the offending cars calls in the vehicle. Those idiots ended up doing a lot of free tows and processing.

Boy, where to even start with this. Sooooo many things wrong here....has to be a connection along a lot of different lines.

DoubleWasp is absolutely correct. Towing companies in Florida are about the lowest,corrupt form of bussiness there is.
Special events and the beach side they steal cars and hold them for ransom for no reason.
I am pretty sure they are on cohorts with local police too because several times they towed cars from housing developments for expired tags that I have witnessed.
I find it a little suspicious that they can tow a non moving cars with expired tags and the police do nothing.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Got to feed the beast somehow. Beast ain't gonna feed itself. When I was growing up, my schools didn't need any freakin' law enforcement presence. Or ID cards.

Last edited:
Its the Government..what do you expect. No accountability, no oversight,..just tax and spend (other peoples money)

Originally Posted By: Al
Its the Government..what do you expect. No accountability, no oversight,..just tax and spend (other peoples money)

Isn't the fact that this Grand Jury Investigation is taking place evidence that there is accountability and oversight?

Assuming there is validity to the accusations, and there certainly appears to be, it is the fact this was not a Municipal or City PD (but a more autonomous School District PD) combined with its small size that they operated under the radar for a few years.

The Apple Valley Unified School District Police Department is composed of Chief Cesar Molina, five full-time police officers and six part-time reserve officers. In comparison, Fontana Unified’s police department employs 64 officers, according to the grand jury report,

Unfortunately, the taxpayers will be stuck footing the bill and at most, the Chief and her staff will be dismissed.

Molina is a crook.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: 9050lx
It's always something in Florida,lol.

Are you in Apple Valley FL ?

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt

There is a joke that all the strangest news stories come from Germany or Florida. They played that game on Loveline years ago.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: laserred96gt

There is a joke that all the strangest news stories come from Germany or Florida. They played that game on Loveline years ago.

Every time I hear some weird news. I think of that Loveline bit.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Every time I hear some weird news. I think of that Loveline bit.
grin.gif

My friends and I that are old enough to remember still play it. I called the show once and waited on hold for on hour to congratulate Paul Tracy on winning the 2002 Indy 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back