NAPA Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can at this moment get NAPA synthetic for $2.99 a quart.....I do need oil right now. What's everyone's opinion? Is that a good enough deal or nah??

Good oil at decent price. Get it if you want ...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Saul
$2/qt havoline syntheic is a better deal. Check promo section for thread.
Don't have the option of Havoline where I'm at.

I don't ( never have) like the 5w30 Ashland. I do like the 0w20.

QSUD 10w30 (non dexos) is nice,

Magnatec is nice.

Pennzoil High Milage 5w30 is nice.

I didn't like the gold bottle semi syn dexos. In fofact the only dexos Ive liked in a non deoxs app was Magnatec.

Forget the deals. A good oil is more important.

... Unless its eat or oil for your family

NAPA synthetic is good oil, especially for that price.

I've been using it in my sister's 2005 Honda Civic with 220k+ on it and my other sister's 2003 Acura 3.2TL for about 30k miles.

It's a clearance item and if living in / near big cities, most stores are already out. Try the O'Reilleys that are in less populated towns.

NAPA Synthetic Rocks for the price. That 2.99 pricing is usually only in December nation-wide. The next nation-wide sale is expected in August and likely at 3.49qt.

Originally Posted By: JHogan
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I don't ( never have) like the 5w30 Ashland
. How come?

Some don't like the high sodium content of Ashland oils, but it has been proven to work well.
Many UOA and VOA of it showing it is a good syn capable of 7,500-10,000 miles for most.

$2.99/qt out the door is a good price for a syn. Sure you can find cheaper, but that is clearance and rebates and such.
Being able to walk in, grab it, pay and walk out the door is a big convenience.

[/quote]$2.99/qt out the door is a good price for a syn. Sure you can find cheaper, but that is clearance and rebates and such.
Being able to walk in, grab it, pay and walk out the door is a big convenience.[/quote]

For me that's actually delivered to the shop I work at! I don't have to go anywhere HA

Don't have the option of Havoline where I'm at.

Sure you do.
Just check the O'Rs website for availability at a store near you.
You have a Menard's near you?
They have Synpower for maybe as little as .88/qt if you can get both the Menard's and Valvoline MIRs to stack.

For me that's actually delivered to the shop I work at! I don't have to go anywhere HA

Even better.

Only thing is if using it in that Cruze with the turbo, not sure how hard that engine is on oil.
Not sure what OCI I would do with that since I don't know anything about that engine, but a 5000 mile interval should be just fine with it.

Originally Posted By: blupupher

Even better.

Only thing is if using it in that Cruze with the turbo, not sure how hard that engine is on oil.
Not sure what OCI I would do with that since I don't know anything about that engine, but a 5000 mile interval should be just fine with it.

The Cruze has an OLM, and the Napa Synthetic is dexos-approved, so there should be no problems
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: blupupher

Even better.

I've went 14,000 on Pennzoil Ultra Platinum with great wear numbers and TBN. But My OLM is locked at 10,000 for some reason so its not accurate and its a pain.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I don't ( never have) like the 5w30 Ashland
. How come?
I didn't like the way the engine responded to the oil. It Didn't run "right" and Ive tried it Multiple times over the years. Possibly it was just "viscosity tailoring" which I'm finding now to be more critical than in the past with more massive reciprocating assemblies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back