RockAuto clearance Fram CH8765

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my order for 5 Fram clearance CH8765 cartridge filters this weekend. I've ordered them before any always came in good condition with maybe a little shelf wear on the boxes. These were 1.23 each and since I combined the shipping with other items I was buying the deal wasn't ruined by shipping.

2 of the filters came in a box labeled Allied and with old logos etc so it was they were old and made in India. They were still in great condition and usable. The other 3 were NEW current manufacture filters with latest logos on the box and made in USA with O-rings included. I think I got a great deal!

RA 'Clearance' oil filters are hit and miss...they once sent me 20+ year old K-mart Motivator filters and half of them were rusty. RA should have thrown them away rather than try to make a buck on junk...

Thanks for the report. Cartridge filters are easy to inspect, and the CH8765 is a simply-built (no ADBV, nothing hidden) animal.

The ones made in India: Are you sure they were Fram? They said Allied. Genuine Fram Extra Gaurds ("CH") filter better than all-cellulose filters since they have glass fiber blended into the media.

pbm, I wouldn't run 20 year old cellulose filters, rust or not. Can't believe RockAuto is doing that. I guess they are really just taking old stock and not thinking.

I was not usually happy with their dollar filters. Seems like the buy out retailers old stock and just call it "wix" with a house brand on it.

Just depends with them from what I've seen. Last ones I ordered were ULTRAPOWER but in the picture you could see they were carquest reds. Perfect filters for doing a few quick changes in the s10 I just got that had bad intake manifold gaskets.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Thanks for the report. Cartridge filters are easy to inspect, and the CH8765 is a simply-built (no ADBV, nothing hidden) animal.

The ones made in India: Are you sure they were Fram? They said Allied. Genuine Fram Extra Gaurds ("CH") filter better than all-cellulose filters since they have glass fiber blended into the media.

pbm, I wouldn't run 20 year old cellulose filters, rust or not. Can't believe RockAuto is doing that. I guess they are really just taking old stock and not thinking.

Yes they were all Fram labeled and Fram was owned by Allied at one time as well as Honeywell. The small print on the box indicated the country of origin and parent company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back