2 stroke oil for both Bikes and Snow machines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have recommendations for a 2 stroke oil that can be used across applications?

I know amsoil has a few, but I was looking at Polaris VES which I can find cheaply, which is power valve rated and thought it might be good for 2 stroke dirt bikes too? But can't find any reviews of it in that application.
I already have 2 stroke oil for the lighter/smaller air cooled applications power equipment. Anyone use an oil over all 3 platforms?

Otherwise it seems like each application has their recommended oil, and ne'er they all shall meet.

That Polaris oil should be fine. I like motul 800 & castor 927. I run those in everything except boats.

Search for rotax 253 test...

Our Petrol Synth 2t oil has it (basically rebranded Havoline oil)

So look at Havoline/Chevron two stroke oils

In Alaska I ran Mystik JT-4 Sea and Snow, it carried API TC, JASO FD and ISO-L-EGD specs. O'Reilly Auto parts also carries their house brand 2 Cycle Sport that also carried API TC and ISO-L-EGD specs.

I ran both in a pair of Ski-Doos with no problem.

Any oil that is JASO FD and ISO EGD would good enough
smile.gif

Amsoil Interceptor---works fine as a pre-mix in my old Toro single-stage snowblower, as well as in my old Vespa's autolube tank.

Last edited:
Klotz Super Techniplate 2-Stroke Oil

Ran it in my Arctic Cat (580cc Suzuki LC) my CR25R, and my Stihl 028 Super AV!

The smell alone makes it worth it to buy it.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

YUP
thumbsup2.gif

Agreed. I've started using Techniplate over the past several months and recommending it. Already had a few people tell me "it should have been done by now but still going".

One of my neighbors runs a scooter rental business, and his Buddy scooters were not lasting more than 10k miles using Castrol 2T. The Techniplate has kept his scooters going and going.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Any oil that is JASO FD and ISO EGD would good enough
smile.gif

Generally my thoughts too.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

Agreed. I've started using Techniplate over the past several months and recommending it. Already had a few people tell me "it should have been done by now but still going".

One of my neighbors runs a scooter rental business, and his Buddy scooters were not lasting more than 10k miles using Castrol 2T. The Techniplate has kept his scooters going and going.

Have run this before in my sled and definitely like it.

Sea and Snow is a really good oil. Same as Yamalube 2R which is all used for years in everything with out any problems.
So is Quicksilver which can be found at Walmart. I have over 2700 miles on a Polaris 400 ATV two stroke without one issue on Quicksilver.
Never been tore down and runs Great.
I would stay away from any Castor oil. May smell Great, I will admit but Dirty, gummy oil. I wouldn't hesitate to use it in my chainsaws or lawn equipment. Really good oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

sad to hear about Buddy 2t's only going 10k before needing rebuilds with Castrol...has me wondering if it was conventional, synblend, or full synthetic; also wondering if the Castrol was air-cooled specific or an 'all purpose/multi purpose' tcw3 formula; glad he's getting better results with the klotz techniplate!

sometimes rental riders don't allow engines to get up to full temp for a complete full-oil burn and that junks/carbons the engine, exhaust valve/port, and catalytic converter in the exhaust something fierce!

Last edited:

I'd be careful with anything containing Castor oil in a snowmobile.
There's usually a warning about not using Castor under a certain temp as it can come out of solution with the fuel (assuming you're using pre-mix).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back