Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain delay.
35.gif
Anyone watching the radar?

This is at 2:30 CT
https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USIN0305:1:US

Last edited:
Listening to the officials channel on RaceView and the IMS/PRN feed from Sirius on my Alexa. No bombshells yet. Track shouldn't take super long to dry with the Air Titans.

As much as I really enjoy the late start times for purely selfish reasons, this could have been avoided or at least been farther into the race had this race had a more traditional start time.

As of 4:15 ET, sun is shining, radar clearing. Should be good to go in a few minutes.

Ready for the Kyle Busch parade?

Last edited:
Yup, sun is out on the TV broadcast. You can hear the Air Titans. The officials channel on Race View is cool, you can listen to Hoots co-ordinate the drying process.

Off Topic, I wish IndyCar would but some Air Titans for their oval races.

Lots of talk this week about "what's wrong with the Brickyard 400", declining attendance, does it have a future etc. then see NASCAR change the date because it's too hot here in July (it doesn't get to 85 at other tracks in summer?!?) and change the Xfinity cars in exactly the wrong direction of less hp, more drag.

The problem is the track, not the cars. Like Jeffy boy said, the racin' was good when they first came here. Go back and look at his duel with Ernie Irvin-side by side for several laps-thrilling racing. Notice how the stock cars cut the corners to the point they put a wheel down in the grass-there were no "rumble strips". Then, IMS in their infinite wisdom, stapled sod to hold it down and the boys got punctures (duh). IMS was so determined to keep the boys out of there that they installed concrete rumble strips that would tear up your car if you drove on them. Ever since, NASCAR has been single file.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
LOL, funny how NASCAR can dry the track faster than IMS!

Shows where their priorities are I guess. NASCAR can dry a track while IndyCar has the best safety crews in the business.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
LOL, funny how NASCAR can dry the track faster than IMS!

Shows where their priorities are I guess. NASCAR can dry a track while IndyCar has the best safety crews in the business.

Agree x2. Notice the NASCAR drying entourage travels with the circus. Likewise Homatro with IndyCar.

Let's fire 'em up! 4 hours of daylight left.

Last edited:
Oh, oh. Tornado warning 40 miles north of Indy (that one will miss us but) new thunderstorms popping up inline with the track.

Lots of talk this week about "what's wrong with the Brickyard 400", declining attendance, does it have a future etc.

That seems to be the case all over NASCAR, regardless of where they race. I've never seen so many empty seats at all of these tracks. The pace car leads too many laps. All of this "stage racing" is a joke to get in more commercials. It bores people who pay to sit in the stands. So many aren't going any more.

Five minutes of watching this sorry excuse for a race is enough for me. Nascar is dying a slow death and it seems to have no desire to try to prevent it.

I remember when NASCAR first came here, there was so much demand for seats, they had to hold a lottery. They literally could have sold 1,000,000 seats to the first race if they had them. I got seats and went for 10 years. The deal-breaker for me was the Goodyear tire debacle. They had to throw a yellow every 12 laps because the tires wore out that quick. Instead of rubber going into the track, it flaked off the tires and blew up in the stands. We were all covered in rubber dust. IMS/NASCAR did nothing to credit the fans for the following year. That was the first leg down in attendance. I had 20 seats. Zero since.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JasonC
Five minutes of watching this sorry excuse for a race is enough for me. Nascar is dying a slow death and it seems to have no desire to try to prevent it.

Ah c'mon. What else you gonna watch, LPGA?

Heck, your boy sponsored By LU won yesterday. You should be all over this.

Last edited:
Been pretty good after this last restart. I love what Larson did to the 48 for blocking him.

But here's the deal if you live here....there is no better drinking excuse on July 23rd than the Brickyard.

Originally Posted By: JasonC
It's definitely not a race anymore. It's a glorified sponsor parade. I don't see how anyone can enjoy it

The pace car seems to be getting pretty good mileage out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back